"Something went wrong and we weren't able to generate the label"

jvdv
Community Member

Frustrating trying to print a label and after trying various browsers on 2 computers without success I finally end up chatting to someone at eBay who says:

"I have checked with our technical team and can see that there is an ongoing technical issue going on and that is the reason you are unable to print the postage label and you are getting the error message " "Something went wrong and we weren't able to generate the label. 

Due to the technical issue you are unable to purchase the posatge label at your end, To resolve the issue as faster, our previous agent has already forwarded your details as a sample to our technical team and our team is working on it to get the issue fixed and we have received similar concern from other member's too.

In meant time, you can directly print the postage label from the postal services office or site that you wish to use to ship the item and you can add the tracking details to the item and share the tracking number via eBay messages so that buyer can track from his end."

Currently we do not have exact time frame but the issue will be fixed soon, it may take up to 24 hrs."

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: "Something went wrong and we weren't able to generate the label"

Have you tried going through Aust Post to generate a label instead?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Not sure how to do that - I presume you need an AP account?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Just sign up for a My Post account.

https://auspost.com.au/auth/invite

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@jvdv wrote:

Not sure how to do that - I presume you need an AP account?

Not necessarily - you can just print a label;   but signing up for Aust Post Business is a good idea - you don't have to be a business, and once you have signed up, you can link your ebay account so that it automatically fills in the postage details when you create a label.      It's very easy.

https://auspost.com.au/mypost-business

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Even the order pages are not loading for me. Unable to process orders as order page loading with blank details. Is this for me or a common issue?

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

it started today...I got a message saying, it's not you, it's us...then kept redirecting me to ebay.com???

Can't leave f/b or process orders...

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

All good from the AusPost end. I was able to download from ebay but it's still a giant face ache at the ebay end as I can't print the order for my records. Later I guess.

Looks like the problem has been going on for 2 hours at least.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe it's the conspiracy theory:    today is the day of the big sale in China:   where apparently millions of people buy online all at once - maybe we can't get the air time.   ๐Ÿ˜€

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Then this must be a common issue. It seems we are not able to fulfill orders today

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply