"Unlock the power of eBay for selling luxury handbags" -- Why do I get this spam?

Hi,

Every now and then I get message from eBay (yes, it comes from eBay). Subject is "Unlock the power of eBay for selling luxury handbags" and it talks about selling those bags.

We NEVER sold a bag on eBay, what is going on???

Rudolf

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: "Unlock the power of eBay for selling luxury handbags" -- Why do I get this spam?

I'm guessing you would need to ask eBay

I have no idea why the email me about rubbish that I have no interest in, and never bought/sold on my other account and have such spam turned off for that account 

Maybe they don't know the difference between hats/belts etc and handbags

Or the bots 'think' you want to branch out ?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Re: "Unlock the power of eBay for selling luxury handbags" -- Why do I get this spam?

OK, this **bleep** is being received (and I quote eBay here):

"The emails were about the items of other sellers who has sold their items with great selling performance."

To stop receiving this sort of things, one has to disable e-mails under "Seller Performance Notifications" (don't ask why). Just disabling marketing e-mails is not enough

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@hatsfromoz wrote:

OK, this **bleep** is being received (and I quote eBay here):

"The emails were about the items of other sellers who has sold their items with great selling performance."

To stop receiving this sort of things, one has to disable e-mails under "Seller Performance Notifications" (don't ask why). Just disabling marketing e-mails is not enough

Sounds like the answer is in your hands, so why do you need to ask on here.   Just disable it.  simples

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

A Friday question. lol

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Nice, good to know how to stop such emails, thanks OP.

And please ignore the rude people here 🙄

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@bubsgolf wrote:

And please ignore the rude people here 🙄

And that phrase is usually said by OP's who get a factual answer to their problem that they don't want to hear.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Done. You are on my ignore list.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Nobody has been rude

Most members will provide factual answers 

We leave it to eBay CS to tell people what they want to hear

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply