"We do not support this bank" message when updating bank details

Hi guys, so over the weekend, I listed an item for the first time on this site in probably over a year. It sold yesterday and I got an email from eBay after it sold, saying that my funds were on hold and that I had to update my bank account details. I followed the link to eBay and typed in my BSB and account details - now I'm getting a message that says "We do not support this bank."

Has anyone else had this issue? My bank account is the exact same one that I used when I joined this site 14 years ago. I've never run into this problem before.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You'll need to do more than just verify your bank details.

Paypal has been removed and the new Managed Payments system requires that you send through a copy of your drivers license or passport too. 

There should be information in your seller hub on signing up for the new system. Make double sure that all the details you are registered with match the ID doc that you send through.

PS: if the funds have processed, you must send within your handling time, otherwise you will get a defect. You cannot make the buyer wait for the 21+ days that the money will be on hold for you as an intermittent seller.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you! I'm still on the old eBay though. Is there a way of changing to the new seller hub?

Also, wow, what was the reason for removing PayPal and going so hardcore with verifying details with different forms of ID? Did some type of security breach happen?

I ended up sending the item today anyway - it was an old phone, so wasn't too fussed either way if I got paid or not. I just wanted to get this sorted out before I start listing more items.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

There is a way to change, but I can't remember how to move over. 

Paypal and Ebay separated some time ago, and I guess this was the final step.

The new system is fine - takes a little getting used to. One of the main things now is that you can list thousands of items with no listing fees once you are on Managed Payments. Also, your selling fees are taken upfront, so there will be no further payments to make. The nett balance is sent to your bank account - you can choose your payout schedule.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Just to add - you will probably have selling limits initially. Once you are moved over, it will display in your Seller Hub what you can do for the first few months until you show that you are a trustworthy seller. Send within your handling time and preferably with tracking, and you'll be ok.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

No worries, I figured out how to switch!

Just got to "add payment option" by adding the bank account - went through all the details just fine, and now it tells me there's an error. Great. Guess I'm contacting customer service then.

But thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Customer service is mostly useless.

Better to tell us what error you're getting. 

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Just this: "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."

That's after I try to add a bank account to my payment details. First I put my bank details in and click confirm, then get the spinning circle for a bit so it looks like it might work, then get redirected back to the payment page with the above message.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Lost of glitches on Ebay recently.

Try clearing cache and cookies, or log in on a different browser. I find that often works when things go weird.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Yep, just cleared the cookies and the cache, then closed all tabs and restarted the computer - still won't work. I've tried it now in 3 different web browsers plus my phone and keep getting the above error messages.

I do appreciate all your help but I'm thinking it I might have to contact customer support with this issue. I was hoping other people would say they've had this issue as well and it was an easy fix, but from searching the board, I couldn't find anyone else whose been getting these same error messages.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply