"We do not support this bank" message when updating bank details

Hi guys, so over the weekend, I listed an item for the first time on this site in probably over a year. It sold yesterday and I got an email from eBay after it sold, saying that my funds were on hold and that I had to update my bank account details. I followed the link to eBay and typed in my BSB and account details - now I'm getting a message that says "We do not support this bank."

Has anyone else had this issue? My bank account is the exact same one that I used when I joined this site 14 years ago. I've never run into this problem before.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: "We do not support this bank" message when updating bank details

I'm getting the same message. Tried all a sorts of combinations.

I tried customer support and he said it might be because there was no money in the account. 

It's a new account and has no money in it.  It's a clicks only bank that is associated with one of the big banks. 

So eBay owes me $52 and won't put it in my account. 

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

You are on the Australian boards here.  You will be better to log out and go to Canadian boards

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Check your personal details on ebay as your Bank Account name has to match perfectly.

eg - on ebay your name is P A Smith but on your Bank Account it is Patsy Anne  Smith.

It's easier to change your name on ebay to match your Bank Account.

Once it is accepted ebay will deposit 2 x small sums into your account (2c or 3c). They will then message you to confirm they have been deposited in the correct account.  Only then will you be able to sell.

Also the other responders are correct in that your funds will be held for 30 days until it's proved you are not a scammer and all your Buyers have received their goods.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Sorry about that I'm getting a little desperate.

eBay seams like a black box.  If my bank doesn't work, which bank will?

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Were you trying to update/add your bank while you were logged into eBay.com.au or eBay for Canada?

Apparently some people here have had issues with eBay not accepting ANZ as their bank

I'm not sure if anyone here can tell you which banks in Canada eBay Canada will accept though, sorry 

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Hey. Could you solve this issue in the end? I am having the same problem.

Bests, Juan

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply