"You've provided an invalid postage policy."

It seems all my 3 days listing are no longer relisting with the the error

This is the same postage policy I have used since they introduced the policies option.  I contacted eBay and they said it was due to Australia Post changes and to update all my listing again and reapply the postage policy which I spend 2 hours fighting with bulk edit on a Friday night and I wake this morning to more error in my Auto Relist System Errors.

Just wondering if this is an error other are experiencing too?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I had this myself and then realised it was "Friday evening" as in, glitch time !!  So even after that same message came up, so thought I would just keep confirming and it worked (never has before when such a message came up) so I was still able to continue through to confirming listing.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

This is driving me nuts! My default is free postage, and it was so frustrating trying to list tonight (Saturday) as it kept coming up with this error, removing the default policy and just picking others at random - argggh!!!!!!

@themotherjewel wrote:

This is the same postage policy I have used since they introduced the policies option.  I contacted eBay and they said it was due to Australia Post changes and to update all my listing again and reapply the postage policy which I spend 2 hours fighting with bulk edit on a Friday night and I wake this morning to more error in my Auto Relist System Errors.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Same thing happening to me. I cant understand how ebay seems to have so many glitches on their site.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Now getting "You've provided an invalid return policy." for five listings out of 20 that I want to load. Thats ridiculous because I use the same policy for al listings and all the others are loading fine.

ebay's programmers dont seem to be able to cope with managing the site - too many ongoing glitches.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I know it is so frustrating! I have reported it to eBay, can I suggest everyone esle that it experiencing the same issues to report it too, so they start to see it is an issue for many and hopefully they will start listening and resolve the issue faster. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@themotherjewel wrote:

I know it is so frustrating! I have reported it to eBay, can I suggest everyone esle that it experiencing the same issues to report it too, so they start to see it is an issue for many and hopefully they will start listening and resolve the issue faster. 

But don't hold your breath.

Some of the ebay glitches have been ongoing for years.....think the Shopping Cart here.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I just try again and it usually works.  It started happening to me on Thursday morning when I was trying to bulk relist.  Every time I tried it happened with a different item so I knew it was a glitch, not my listings.  I did a few manually and had no problems.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@themotherjewel wrote:

It looks like this was a glitch bit of dodgy programming so persistence will pay off.

I switched over to the eBay business policies as I found bulk editing a big waste of time.

You can do multiple policies for Shipping, Returns and Payments.

Once you've got your policies set up and assigned (which takes a bit of work depending on listing numbers) you can modify that policy and apply it to current and future listings with one quick change.

Given the number of changes AP are throwing at us these days it pays to be able to respond easily.

I'll give ebay a big tick for coming up with this idea as it's an incredibly useful tool and you should check it out.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I have been using Business Policies for a long time and the glitch was occruing when doing the bulk relist. Hopefully they have fixed it now.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply