"item not received" case - advice please

Hi all

Advice please

I recenlty sold an item - used inetgrated postage via the ebay platform ( sendle)  - item was tracked and marked as delivered by sendle

buyer claimed NOT delivered adn opened a case

I responded and provided tracking information

buyer waited 7 days, responded again saying I  hadn't responded and ebay closed the case in about 5 minutes i her favour issuign a full refund

What the hell is the point of integrated postage showing items have been delivered???

This all just seems a complete rort. Seems buyers can just claim they dont' receive items even with tracking adn get a full refund no questiosn asked

Anyhow, anyone have any idea if I can claim the insurance offered via Sendle?  How I even CONTACT sendle? Cant find a link anywhere.   Or am I covered by paypal protection?   

There's not real cusotmer service to speak of currently - the chats are next to useless

thanks for help/advice in advance

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: "item not received" case - advice please

The message read 

A decision has been made about the dispute that was filed by XXX. The dispute was found in the buyer's favour and they have received a refund of AU $XXX

You are covered by eBay's seller protection so you don't have to pay anything back and no further action is needed.

I would be using that in my contact with eBay - this is their own rule, hard to flout it for you and not another

Good luck with it all, please let us kknow the outcome

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

In my experience, every INR claim with tracking has been ruled in my favour.  I've spoken at length to AusPost and the stories about mail theft are scary.  One Auspost agent told me drivers have reported people tailing the delivery van to steal packages.  

If a tracked item is marked delivered and the customer says they didnt receive it, I totally believe them.  But it's not up to the seller to bear that burden.  That's why PO boxes and free parcel collect lockers exist.  We are not liable for mail theft.

As long as you reply within the case and send the tracking you should be covered.  It's dumb, literally copying and pasting what is already in the system.  I keep copies of my daily lodgment receipts and I supply that too.

Where it gets tricky is when the tracking says the item is lost.  In each case I've refunded the customer and obtained a refund from Auspost.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@2007vera wrote:

Hi all

Advice please

I recenlty sold an item - used inetgrated postage via the ebay platform ( sendle)  - item was tracked and marked as delivered by sendle

buyer claimed NOT delivered adn opened a case

I responded and provided tracking information

buyer waited 7 days, responded again saying I  hadn't responded and ebay closed the case in about 5 minutes i her favour issuign a full refund

What the hell is the point of integrated postage showing items have been delivered???

This all just seems a complete rort. Seems buyers can just claim they dont' receive items even with tracking adn get a full refund no questiosn asked

Anyhow, anyone have any idea if I can claim the insurance offered via Sendle?  How I even CONTACT sendle? Cant find a link anywhere.   Or am I covered by paypal protection?   

There's not real cusotmer service to speak of currently - the chats are next to useless

thanks for help/advice in advance

To contact Sendle, you need to set up your free account with them on their website. You can then manage any parcels you are sending or receiving via the Sendle dashboard. You should also be able to get a refund from Sendle for the parcel that was supposedly not delivered.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

That Stinks, Ebay Stinks on this account, They (Ebay) promote and endorse Sendle on their website and influence people to use Sendle, So you take up their offer and use Sendle and it blows up in your face. No support or backup from Ebay, No just thrown to the wolves again as an obligated inefficient seller who needs to front up with a refund,  When entirely the opposite is true, Ebay and Sendle ought to take on board the matter of their own irresponsible postage service , that also states items are insured against non delivery. Bottom line still seems the same, Ebay can do no wrong, nor the services they promote, just the poor Saps that sell through them, and that still stinks

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

If you had bothered to research Sendle's reputation you would easily have found they are, at best, unreliable and difficult to deal with.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

You are not exactly a neophyte.

I would question your motivation in posting.

Unless, as likely, you got bitten by trying to increase your profit by using the cheapest postage option.

You generally get what you pay for.

No sympathy here.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

There is a list of options

The seller has full choice and control over which postage service they choose

Sendle’s reputation is as well known as you can get

Making the choice to choose Sendle in order to save a couple of dollars is the seller’s choice and the seller’s choice alone

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@fancy_tote wrote:

That Stinks, Ebay Stinks on this account, They (Ebay) promote and endorse Sendle on their website and influence people to use Sendle, So you take up their offer and use Sendle and it blows up in your face. No support or backup from Ebay, No just thrown to the wolves again as an obligated inefficient seller who needs to front up with a refund,  When entirely the opposite is true, Ebay and Sendle ought to take on board the matter of their own irresponsible postage service , that also states items are insured against non delivery. Bottom line still seems the same, Ebay can do no wrong, nor the services they promote, just the poor Saps that sell through them, and that still stinks

and can you tell us what the better alternate is/  I know most boardies rubbish sendle,  but Australia Post is just as bad,  and there is little support from them as well.   

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply