"the connection was reset" same message repeatedly

Are there any tech head sellers out there who can help me with why I get this message repeatedly when I try to do listing straight from the Ebay sell an item tab?

I do the whole listing and then go to continue or save for later and get this message: -

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

All the info I put in is lost and the uploaded photos dissapear.

I have deleted cookies, cleared the cache, tried different browsers  - all with the same result.

No problem with any other web pages either - just good old ebay. I can also load other pages on ebay.

It is very frustrating - I have been trying to do a listing for the past hour and have all but given up!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: "the connection was reset" same message repeatedly

Are your listings completely disappearing or do they show up under the drafts heading on your selling page? I had trouble with a couple today and when I refreshed my selling page, they appeared under my drafts heading.

Have you tried using the sell similar option? What about the relist option, then change everything in there that needs changing to make it a new listing?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

They do show up in the draft section but with no info or photos in them - basically a blank draft - strange.
I have tried relist but they have no photos and it wont reload/upload  them, sell similar is the same.

Very frustrating!  Free listings and i cant list anything - arghhhhh.

From similar posts on the board, it is obviously an Ebay glitch.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I am having issues with ebay as well.  I have tried clearing out cookies, tried internet explorer, tried google chrome.  Everytime I click on selling/sold it logs me out.  Anyone else having this issue?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Minor issue in comparison - but I did 1 listing today.  Used Auction format, and I could enter the starting price, but it wouldn't stay there.  So I just closed the internet, re-opened and went to drafts - was able to complete the listing.  

Side issue - I've been receiving and replying to messages through eBay messages to a particular member.  Needed to send a PM as I didn't think a link I wanted to send would be allowed by the bots through messages.  Couldn't send PM (seller no longer registered (!!!???), so did a reply with the link and it was sent.  

Methinks there are more glitches going on than anyone knows about.  Maybe someone will set up a specific glitches thread - that'd be interesting.  Probably get to 10 pages within 24 hours!!!

I feel for all those who are trying to get their 150 free up, but pleased I'm not involved.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply