refund after 30 days

i have sold an item 40 days ago, the buyer said it works well until today. he asked for a full refund or replacement. my refund guarentee is 7 days. should i refund him or decline his return request?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

refund after 30 days

You can put whatever you want in your listing but at the end of the day - you need to comply with Ebay's return policy. If you dont know what ebays policy is then I suggest go look it up. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

refund after 30 days

Ebay's refund is 30 days so OP doesn't have to refund as it's too late but PayPal is 180 days so if the buyer paid with PayPal then 

depending on the circumstances the buyer can proceed with a refund and OP can either fight it or just refund.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

refund after 30 days

The paypal refund is based on the condition of the item when it was delivered....if it was working fine then the buyer may have trouble getting a refund.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

refund after 30 days

but why does ebay allow buyers to have the "return this item" button after 30 days? if i declined the return, can he still ask ebay to step in? and what would be the concequence?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

refund after 30 days

he messaged me on ebay that the item is in good condition about 20 days after he receiving the item. but now he is saying it's broken. how does paypal know the item is in good condition when it was delivered?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

refund after 30 days

If the seller suspects the buyer is trying to pull a swifty then it is up to him to try and prove it.

This can be done by several means....if the buyer left good feedback when it was delivered this can help the seller.

It also depends on how the buyer words their complaint.....if they say it was OK when they got it but is now broken for example.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply