restricted selling because will not offer free postage

is anyone else annoyed with eBay Smiley Mad Because I will not offer free postage as this would mean I will have to add the cost on to my items, to cover the cost of postage this in turn makes more money for eBay as they will charge me a higher final fee value they have now lower my seller standard from high to below standard and have restricted the numbrer of items I can sell.  But still charged me the same seller fees for my ebay store!!!!! I am so over ebay ripping us store owners off.  The shopping centres cannot do tell us how to run a store in their shopping centres, how can eBay blackmail us into charging more for items to cover postage costs.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: restricted selling because will not offer free postage

EBay do not restrict your selling and drop you to Below Standard for not offering free postage. Plenty of people don't offer free postage and are top rated sellers and power sellers. If you check your seller dashboard you will probably find you have received too many defects.

Have you given any refunds recently? Depending on the reason you give, you will get a defect for refunding. If people give you neutral or negative feedback, you get a defect. If you are given low star ratings by buyers, you get a defect. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

satpran
Community Member

It is annoying and unfair ever since they introduced commission on postage. Yes eBay wouldn't put you on Top rated seller/Premium service rating unless you offer free postage and 30 day returns. They also claim that if you follow their recommendations, your listings will get priority when buyers do the search. We sellers have no other options or alternative except to follow what they say.

Just try and see couple of your listings with free postage by adding to the item cost, if you see a difference in your sales, that is good for you. You offer free postage or with postage eBay charge you the same FVF in the end anyway. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay charge Fees on postage so whether or not the postage component is included in the selling price or listed separately the FVF is the same.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@satpran wrote:

It is annoying and unfair ever since they introduced commission on postage. Yes eBay wouldn't put you on Top rated seller/Premium service rating unless you offer free postage and 30 day returns. They also claim that if you follow their recommendations, your listings will get priority when buyers do the search. We sellers have no other options or alternative except to follow what they say.

Just try and see couple of your listings with free postage by adding to the item cost, if you see a difference in your sales, that is good for you. You offer free postage or with postage eBay charge you the same FVF in the end anyway. 

I don't have 30 day returns on anything and around 50% of my items have a postage cost. I am both a Top Rated Seller and a Powerseller. My sales are running along quite smoothly without having that silly Premium badge. My handling time is 5 days. I used to have a 1 day handling time and due to my work, there were times when I couldn't achieve that. I changed it to 5 days mostly to fatten out that silly estimate eBay put in the listing. My sales haven't altered one bit since I extended my handling time. I still try and post by the next day if I can manage it (although I have been marked down on stars for a buyer buying on Friday night and I post Monday).

As a buyer, I couldn't care less if a seller has a Premium badge or not. As long as they have good feedback, that's good enough for me. I also don't have an issue with paying for postage. I know I'm not alone in that either.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Ditto
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Double ditto

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Premium seller badge even with 100% fb will still not lift your listing off page 1667923 if Ebay decides thats were you belong. I believe most of these 'priority listing" promotions are simply just red herrings,, and they just rotate sellers, turning lights on and off at random.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply