sales

Hi there,

i have noticed my sales have dropped dramatically  for around a month if not a little longer.  Even when I've listed new items, I always seemed to generate more sales. But it's been very quiet and very ordinary. Has anyone else experienced the same problem. Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: sales

Did you know that your listings are opted in to "Click and Collect"?

That could be what's putting off your buyers.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Unlikely, because a buyer doesn't have to select that method of delivery. They can still choose to use AP if that's their preference.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I noticed exactly the same thing.

I still remeber how terrible 2015 was, my business was almost killed by 70% drop in sale.

When 2016 started, sale was coming back, still not as good as 2014 but at least I could survive.

Then it started all over again in middle Apr; all the sudden I am selling 50% less items.

My selling standard has always been "Top Rated".

Tried to mark prices down, tried the new promotion tool, but neither seemed to work too well.

Someone told me before that you shouldn't build your entire business on ebay, guess he was right.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Very quiet the last week or so with an up surge of NPB's including some getting through my blocks.....

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, I did know.

I have had a few sales with that option.

just another delivery option.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

i also took the promotional options as well as trying frantically to list more items; to try and increase sales.

keeping a very close eye on my dashboard, dropped Top Rated by 2 transactions, I'm crushed.. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I wondered if it was because I updated my store. 

Awhile ago, you had the option to change your store front, apparently all stores will be changed automatically in due course.

but you do have the option at the moment to go back to your old store front.

i honestly don't think this is the cause, but I would be interested to see if it picks up if I change back..

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

sydneybristowwine
Community Member

Hello, I have been looking at other threads and everyone is experiencing the same thing.

You are not the only one.

I offer free postage with tracking and click and collect and fast postage too, depending on whether Australia Post has a good day or not

It has become so quiet on ebay.

I just sell used second hand goods...

Gumtree is the same, no success either

Kind regards

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Hello,

That is reassuring to know to some extent... Meaning that it is wide spread everyone is feeling it at present, more so than "What's wrong with my store!!".

i was going to attempt the likes of Gumtree.

i always felt the lead up to the government budget, consumers were being cautious with spending.  Let's hope it picks up, for all of us sellers.

Really appreciate everyone's comments.

Have a great day.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply