screen jumping on ebay

I,m having trouble with the items on my screen on ebay moving rapidly up and down. It has been happening for a few days now. Only on ebay, no other sites. I have done the obvious and turned the computer and modem off and on again. Any one else affected and any other suggestions ?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

screen jumping on ebay

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have had it happening in the last 2-3 days....I use Firefox and it is only on ebay.....therefore I blame ebay.Smiley Frustrated

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

screen jumping on ebay

Does your content dynamically move up and down on the screen after the page has finished loading?

Sounds like maybe some of their advertising junk which animates or rotates/slides is causing a problem with pushing content up and down as they change size.  Only thing I can think of.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

screen jumping on ebay

what browser are you using?

i'm using chrome and i keep having shockwave failed to load/crash messages.

doesnt stop me bowsing just annoying. prolly as my really old computer is running vista and i'm constantly being reminded its so old it wong be updated by everything and anything.

its a conspiracy to keep making us buy newer computers!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

screen jumping on ebay

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I'm using Edge and it only happens while the page is loading.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

screen jumping on ebay

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have had it happening in the last 2-3 days....I use Firefox and it is only on ebay.....therefore I blame ebay.Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

screen jumping on ebay

It's been happening to my on Chrome, only on my selling page, since I don't know when. If I put my cursor over a word and then refresh the page, the word will jump below the cursor, then above, then jump back under it. It's quite annoying but it's been happening for years so I just wait for it to finish now. It's never happened on Firefox, Opera or even IE.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

screen jumping on ebay

Thanks to those who took the time to respond.

I,m using IE as I always have. I dont usually have too many problems with IE and ebay but will give Chrome a try in the morning to see if it fixes the problem. Its only started doing this a few days ago, so hopefully it is just another ebay glitch that fixes itself eventually. Nice to know its not just me though.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

screen jumping on ebay

I'm using Safari on Mac and has only started happening in the last few days.  It takes about 10 seconds for the screen to stop jumping.  You can't search while it is jumping, totally unusable.  No other web content is similarly affected, this is an eBay advertising change they must have done recently.  So annoying.  Too big to bother testing before rolling out changes.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply