seller manager pro summary needs a high lighted icon when item is expected to arrive & when it does.

When selling a lot of items the effort of opening each tracking number in selling manager pro takes time. Lets get together and ask ebay to implement a system so seller can monitor when the item is expected to be delivered and if it has arrived on time. By using an icon such as the ones in the summary page of selling manager pro. Sellers will be able to tell at a glance if something has gone wrong in the deliver of an item. This way seller can monitor the buyer experience more closely and deliver a better customer experience. This will minimise customers complaints that items never arrived or took to long to be deliver. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

seller manager pro summary needs a high lighted icon when item is expected to arrive & when it does.

I can't say I have ever checked the tracking on an item unless a buyer has contacted me and let me know an item has not arrived. I probably have to do that less than half a dozen times a year so would prefer ebay to try and fix some of the current glitches rather than create more processes that can go wrong and screw everything else up.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I can't say I have ever checked the tracking on an item unless a buyer has contacted me and let me know an item has not arrived. I probably have to do that less than half a dozen times a year so would prefer ebay to try and fix some of the current glitches rather than create more processes that can go wrong and screw everything else up.

Then why do you comment on posts about tracking frequently, when you rarely check it.  No wonder you are so out of touch with the advice you give in this area.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

@worthingtonsupplies wrote:

When selling a lot of items the effort of opening each tracking number in selling manager pro takes time. Lets get together and ask ebay to implement a system so seller can monitor when the item is expected to be delivered and if it has arrived on time. By using an icon such as the ones in the summary page of selling manager pro. Sellers will be able to tell at a glance if something has gone wrong in the deliver of an item. This way seller can monitor the buyer experience more closely and deliver a better customer experience. This will minimise customers complaints that items never arrived or took to long to be deliver. Thoughts?

I actually don't see that monitoring tracking is a sellers responsibility if they have uploaded tracking details for the buyer to track their own package.

As a seller, I monitor tracking only to monitor Aust Posts performance in relation to the duration to deliver, and the number of scans a parcel may get along the way.

I would never contact a buyer about what tracking says, as it is still too unreliable.  Many parcels are delivered successfully without a final delivered scan appearing.

TBH I think its overkill for sellers to "baby" buyers in this way.  I get several messages a month from sellers re packages waiting to be collected from my PO Box.  I know, I know !!! as a buyer I do a tracking check for purchased goods a couple of times a week to see if its worth the trip to my PO box and usually only clear it once or twice a week, at my leisure.  It seems a bit like nagging someone to me, but JMO.

Buyers can also subscribe to a blow by blow email alert of AP parcel tracking progress if you have uploaded their tracking number.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

One of my main rules is not to hassle buyers.

BUT it's happened to me twice now in two years that a package has just been returned from not being collected at the PO.

So I did make the decision the third time when I saw the package had been sitting at the PO for about 10 days to let the buyer know, very very nicely.

It was ok - I got a rant about AP not carding and that she would collect, etc etc... or if she missed it she would definitely pay for the postage again to return it.  So I got the item back and she never answered my email about what to do next.  Luckily I was able to refund and cancel without hearing from her again but it's annoying having to sweat that out for the 5 days.

The point is... neither way seems to work out (have they already decided at that stage to wash their hands of it?).  Not sure what I'll do next time.  It's tempting to contact because it would be so much easier if they would just collect it.   But your insight is informative. Cheers.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

The thing is when you pick up from a PO Box that is showing as waiting for collection for collection at the Post Office and it actually waiting for collection in the safety of your PO Box at the Post Office - it will never ever get scanned as delivered !!

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Oh ok.... yeah I guess PO Boxes come in different sizes.  Hadn't thought of that.  The PO Box my parents have is only big enough for letters, so the parcels get carded and then they are scanned when they go inside to pick them up.

I reckon I'll stick with my no-hassle policy next time and just let whatever happens happens. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

My PO Box is teeny tiny, but I use the AP Parcel Locker service that costs zero - the staff leave me keys to open a larger parcel locker to collect my parcels.  

Saves me soooo much time compared to queueing at Post Office and being restricted to collecting parcels within business hours or sat mornings.

Love it Heart

If something needs signing for, they leave me the signing book AND a pen in the locker, so I can sign.

Not everything is as appears in tracking - yet.  I think it is a fabulous improvement on what it was just a few years ago, but still long way to go yet IMO.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

The thing is when you pick up from a PO Box that is showing as waiting for collection for collection at the Post Office and it actually waiting for collection in the safety of your PO Box at the Post Office - it will never ever get scanned as delivered !!

If the Post Office staff do their job correctly when a parcel is collected from the Post Office it is scanned and shows on the tracking site as delivered.

Date/Time
Activity
Thu 25 Sep 2014 17:57

Delivered

BATHURST NSW

Mon 22 Sep 2014 07:54

Awaiting Collection at BATHURST WEST LPO

BATHURST NSW

Sun 21 Sep 2014 13:15

Processed through Australia Post facility

CHULLORA NSW

Wed 17 Sep 2014 17:03

Shipping information approved by Australia Post

Wed 17 Sep 2014 14:47

Shipping information received by Australia Post

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Jen I do not collect from the Post Office staff.   

I collect via my Post Office Box - using the key left for me in this PO Box to open up and collect from a parcel locker in the same area as my PO Box is located.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply