seller manager pro summary needs a high lighted icon when item is expected to arrive & when it does.

When selling a lot of items the effort of opening each tracking number in selling manager pro takes time. Lets get together and ask ebay to implement a system so seller can monitor when the item is expected to be delivered and if it has arrived on time. By using an icon such as the ones in the summary page of selling manager pro. Sellers will be able to tell at a glance if something has gone wrong in the deliver of an item. This way seller can monitor the buyer experience more closely and deliver a better customer experience. This will minimise customers complaints that items never arrived or took to long to be deliver. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: seller manager pro summary needs a high lighted icon when item is expected to arrive & when

If only there was a system in reverse for lodging parcels!  OMG I'm so bad, the number of times I've seen the line at the PO, thrown my hands up and just put the parcel in the red box outside.  Lucky so far, but won't EVER do that again come November. 

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: seller manager pro summary needs a high lighted icon when item is expected to arrive & when

Sorry cats - missed that.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

If only there was a system in reverse for lodging parcels!  OMG I'm so bad, the number of times I've seen the line at the PO, thrown my hands up and just put the parcel in the red box outside.  Lucky so far, but won't EVER do that again come November. 

I have to say over the past few months since I moved house and have to build new relationships with my Post Office crew, I have done the same several times - after religiously lodging them over the counter for years and promoting the same on the boards Cat Embarassed

Would adore a lodgement process that did not involve a queue, surely the technology will come eventually ... hopeful expression on face

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Jen I do not collect from the Post Office staff.   

I collect via my Post Office Box - using the key left for me in this PO Box to open up and collect from a parcel locker in the same area as my PO Box is located.

You'd think they'd scan it as delivered in that instance, really. At least, my PO staff will scan an item as delivered if it actually fits into my PO box. If it doesn't and they put a card in the box instead, it's scanned as awaiting collection then delivered once I collect it. Same sort of deal as putting in the PO box, you just have to use one extra key... 

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

I suppose. 

But what if it was scanned as delivered and then I did not collect and it had to be returned to sender ?

That being said, I know they can add tracking events after it has been scanned as delivered, as this has happened to a couple of parcels I had that were "misdelivered" last year.  

Makes it tricky for stuff that has to be signed for, as they can not really report that it is delivered until they get the siggy i think...

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Makes it tricky for stuff that has to be signed for, as they can not really report that it is delivered until they get the siggy i think...

True - I thought about sig-required stuff shortly after (with the PO box they always card those, so they have to be physically collected and signed for) but I was less "proactive gal" today and more "lazy, procrastinating, easily distracted by snacks and DVDs" couch potato, which has had a flow-on effect to my efforts in forum posts. Smiley Surprised Smiley Embarassed

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

True - I thought about sig-required stuff shortly after (with the PO box they always card those, so they have to be physically collected and signed for) but I was less "proactive gal" today and more "lazy, procrastinating, easily distracted by snacks and DVDs" couch potato, which has had a flow-on effect to my efforts in forum posts. Smiley Surprised Smiley Embarassed

Cat Embarassed know the drill well ...

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I can't say I have ever checked the tracking on an item unless a buyer has contacted me and let me know an item has not arrived. I probably have to do that less than half a dozen times a year so would prefer ebay to try and fix some of the current glitches rather than create more processes that can go wrong and screw everything else up.

Then why do you comment on posts about tracking frequently, when you rarely check it.  No wonder you are so out of touch with the advice you give in this area.

I track when I am the buyer and don't know why you feel the need to make a personal attack every time I post, if I said the earth was round you woud say it was flat!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Yes I probably would.

I find your advice is misleading and/or inconsistent more than usual lately.

I believe that your posts have created and/or fuelled more furphys than any other poster I know on the Au boards.

Is that enough reason.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply