sellers beware of relisting.

i have been using my 100 free promoitonal listings to relist some of my unsolds. I got charged for some of them even though i still have free listings left. Spoke to 3 people at ebay through live chat.

The first told me it was a technical problem that was being looked into.

the second said that if i got charged then i would get refunded.

The third told me - I would like to informed you that if you re list any item and have promotional free listings , you will be charged insertion fee as per the process .  They told me that the item numbers i gave them did not incur a fee, however when i look in my account the fees are there $1.50 each for items that i charge $1.50 selling price.

what do i do now?

I did'nt know that the 100 free promotional listings were not for relisting your unsold items. Some worked for free.

i honestly don't know what to do now.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Always use the sell similar option .

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

This is clearly incorrect.  Call back until you get someone whow knows what they are talking about.  CS are well-known for getting it wrong all the time. 

CALL, don't chat or email.  It might be the case that you won't get a refund until the end of the promotion period.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

The eBay glitch of a couple of promos ago seems to be back.  

RING (no chat), and SPEAK to someone who can understand that what you are listing is off the 100 FREE LISTINGS.  I had to do this last time this glitch appeared, and I was told I would get a credit for each and every one of the 24 (in my case) listings that I was charged for.  I received those credits.

DO NOT take 'you will be charged......' for an answer.  As eBay have offered the FREE 100 listings, then that is what they should be. Keep pushing to get those credits.  You are entitled to them if the sentence below doesn't apply.

I know that transport posters (excuse me if I've got the spelling wrong here) has advised on several occasions that the free listings are for SINGLE item listings.  MULTIPLE items in a listing will incur a fee.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Didn't read your post properly before I posted mine.  Ooops!!

The advice received from CS last time was - the credits would be applied after the initial listing period expired, in my case, 7 days.  

And I know that others on a previous thread received their credits after the end of the initial listing period.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

what do i do now?

I did'nt know that the 100 free promotional listings were not for relisting your unsold items. Some worked for free.

i honestly don't know what to do now.

Until the issue is sorted.... You cant just sell new item, and copy and paste the old listing??

I never relist anything, unless it has 10+ followers - I found relisted items appear lower in the search the more I relist them.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

The issue is about being charged $1.50  for some items being listed/relisted in the 100 free listings promotion. 

If OP takes blackpoppy's and my advice, she should be able to get things sorted.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I just relisted an unsold item using the relist function to see what would happen and didnt incur a fee. It came off my promotion freebies. Hopefully the OP can get it sorted. How frustrating!

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Listings with multiple quantities do not qualify for the 100 free list promotion.
so if you relist wih multiple quantities, these listings come of the 40 allowance, once the 40 are gone, all multi quantity listings are charged the full insertion fee,
Ring ebay within 24 hours of the listing and you need to end all the ones you were charged for and ebay will refund the insertion fee for the multiple item listings for which you were charged, you will then relist them at single items. Happened to me yesterday and was close to heart failure because of it all.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

It's finally sorted.

I emailed ebay with my concerns telling them that the only reason i relisted the items with the $1.50 fee was because the second person i had spoken with had told me to do that, then claim a refund if i was charged. I would never have relisted if i thought i would have to pay the fees.

I also said that i would be contacting the ombudsman if it wasn't refunded, because you cannot have one ebay person telling you one thing and another telling you something else.

Anyhow they have refunded the fees thankfully, and they told me that multiple listings are not part of the free promotional listings, so they get the $1.50 fee.  That's true because every item that seemed to get the fee was a multiple item with variations of colour or quantity.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply