sellers beware of relisting.

i have been using my 100 free promoitonal listings to relist some of my unsolds. I got charged for some of them even though i still have free listings left. Spoke to 3 people at ebay through live chat.

The first told me it was a technical problem that was being looked into.

the second said that if i got charged then i would get refunded.

The third told me - I would like to informed you that if you re list any item and have promotional free listings , you will be charged insertion fee as per the process .  They told me that the item numbers i gave them did not incur a fee, however when i look in my account the fees are there $1.50 each for items that i charge $1.50 selling price.

what do i do now?

I did'nt know that the 100 free promotional listings were not for relisting your unsold items. Some worked for free.

i honestly don't know what to do now.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

It clearly stated in the terms of the promotion that it was for single listings only. Multi listings were not included. You're lucky they refunded you because they were well within their right not to.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Agreed wendshee - I wish I'd thought to ask the OP before I weighed in, I just so rarely do multiple variation listings I didn't think of it.

How funny though that the CS reps couldn't have sussed out the listings and pointed out the relevant part of the T&C's.  They really should know all things ebay better than moi FGS.  LOL they are so hopeless!

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Two out of 3 people that i spoke to at ebay were not aware of the multi listing not allowed in the free promotions. With one calling it a technical problem, another saying to list the items and get a refund.  Strange that they make the rules and don't know them either.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

....... and has been mentioned here many times previously and you have just confirmed - speaking to only one person at ebay doesn't actually get you to the truth - three conversations get three different versions .............. sigh.  And those members on the boards here who offer real insight AND facts don't get paid for doing so.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

One of the ebay people i spoke to said - the promotional listings are not for relisting your unsold items. 

What on earth do we do with all our unsold items if this is true? and Why do the goal posts keep getting moved?

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

When relisting unsold items, make sure you "edit listing";  that will ensure the listing is included in any free monthly listings you have left for the month and ANY promotional free listings.  But always check that you are being charged 0.00 before you "list item".

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I've bulk relisted using the promotional free listings many times.  At the end before hitting Confirm / Continue (I can't remember exactly) you get a pop-up window stating how much it is going to cost.  Always pause before clicking the final Confirm button in case it doesn't say $0.00 

That is absolute rubbish about not being able to use the promotion for relists.  Just CS not having a clue.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I always use the promotional free listings to relist unsolds. I just leave them sitting in the unsold box until one starts. I've never been charged for any listings. I always relist using the edit function because often I want to alter something, or put a different first photo. I also want to make sure the relist 3 times box is ticked because on occasions, it's not preticked. I never use the sell similar any more because one time I reslisted 2 things twice when I wasn't thinking and it was something I only had one of.

Edited to fix spelling errors.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply