sold a 1:18 model for $ 980... Available funds is 837.60.. **bleep** is going on? Why the insane fees?

c.s-007
Community Member

As the title states..

Im calling them tommorow, this is ridiculous.  Is this a normal percentage they take now?
How on earth is this sustainable as seller??

Also i have no clue where the money is, it says paid.. Yet not showing in my bank account or 
paypal... Does it take awhile to clear or?

Apologies for the noob questions as this is the most expensive item i've sold on here and im concerned.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

sold a 1:18 model for $ 980... Available funds is 837.60.. **bleep** is going on? Why the insane fees?

Definitely a newbie.

Standard fee for a $980 sale is $143.40. Which you would have been advised of when you listed.

Basically 13.4%.

Your lack of understanding of the eBay T&Cs you agreed to is irrelevant.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay has been charging around 13+ % for a very long time, once you take into account either the PP fee or, if you're on the new system, the fee for Adyen.

If you go back and work out your fees on previously sold items, you'll see they're all around 13% once you take all fees into account.

If you've only just moved over to the new system, there can be a delay in seeing the balance in your Seller Hub, and there will be nothing to see in Paypal, as it is no longer in the picture. You'll get the money sent to your registered bank account in due course, depending on which payout date you've selected.

More experienced sellers adjust their prices accordingly to take the 13% in fees into account so they are not out of pocket. Alternatively, you can summarise your sales when you do your taxes and submit your fees as an incurred expense.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

No need to be mean about it lol..

No that number was not shown or advised to me at all btw...

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks heaps for the genuine reply, 
Any idea how long it should take to show up in my bank account?
It's been close to a day so far...

Nothing as of yet but i'll be discussing with them tommorrow anyhow..
Thanks alot jellyspeeddesigns 🙂

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

The first week that I was on the new system, it took a couple of extra days - I think it was just because of the overlap of the old system to the new.

I have mine set to a weekly payout.

Since then, it has run like clockwork. I get an email early Tuesday morning and by lunchtime it is in my bank.

I'm with Westpac, so your bank might differ.

Since you are newly changed over, expect there to be some additional overlap between getting a fee invoice (for your previous sales prior to moving onto the new system,) and having the fees taken out upfront on the new system. Once you are fully integrated, you will only get a monthly invoice if you have a shop subscription, or for any promoted items and subtitle fees etc.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

The item was a pick up.

Cash is usually recommended for pick ups.

Also, being a new seller (or sometimes seller), I think you may be subjected to a 21 day hold on your money.

You need the buyer to leave feedback to get your money sooner.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Hi, The fee amount looks to be similar to what would have been charged if eBay and PayPal was involved, as like most cases before managed payments.

if your situation is the same as mine and there's no hiccups the money will land in your linked bank account within a couple of days.

That's not to say I'm a fan of this new structure and fee scheduling.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

c.s-007
Community Member

I received a email saying We sent a payout of AU $837.60 on 06 May, 2021 to your bank account
and that will be available in one or two business days, so i suppose that is good lol.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply