someone that is savvy in computers and uploading pictures along with windows 10 plz HELP :)

Hi

Ok this is my current issue.

My computer upgraded to windows 10. I dont mind it BUT I know have a problem listing and uploading pictures.

all was fine but now when I look in the folder I am getting the pictures from they are correct way up. However when i upload via ebay or turbo lister they end up so the top is facing to the left. I thought a way to fix this is to turn all the pictures in the folder so the top is to the right then when it uploads it will be at the top? right/??? WRONG it still comes out top to the left.Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: someone that is savvy in computers and uploading pictures along with windows 10 plz HELP :)

Try and edit them and rotate them to the correct position and then click save.

Sometimes people don't click save so it goes back to the original position.

Or the image size is to large so make it smaller perhaps?

I'm not suggesting that you didn't save them but it might be the problem?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: someone that is savvy in computers and uploading pictures along with windows 10 plz HELP :)

Cheers scrambler, yep I dont think that is the problem the ones in the second picture are saved and no matter what position they start in end up on the side. the ones in the first picture yes I can rotate but then I would need add them 1 at a time in turbo lister which would turn a 4 minute process into up to a 30 minute one ๐Ÿ˜ž (if I had 10 or 12 pics) as they need be done 1 at a time and then the process done for each picture.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I think you will find that it is because the file size of your images is very large.  I had it happen.  Resized them down using an editor and they loaded correct way around, whereas the original size photos loaded sideways.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

There are two ways of rotating a pic.

1. On your computer before you upload.

2. In the picture uploader in the listing.

Try both and if no success then may be as already suggested, too large.

If too large, I sometimes drag them into paint and crop the pics getting rid of unnecessary outer image in the pic.

That can reduce the file size to be acceptable.

image host
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

FastStone Image viewer is a great free downloadable resource that allows you to resize, watermark, add frames and many other features in bulk to images, Saves heaps of time.

Other option is to set your camera settings so they take a lower pixel (size) photo

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I use paint and the reduction function.

I have enough garbage on my computer without adding yet another application that Microsoft already provides

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If I need to edit, I just use Windows Live Photo Gallery, unless I need to resize, then I'll open it into Paint (which can be done directly from Gallery). I don't normally need to resize though because cropping into a square generally cuts enough size off it whereby it's not too big.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply