survey regarding new "Guaranteed Arrival" time program

hi everyone. i'm not sure how many sellers received an offer to participate in a seller survey regarding shipping recently - but i thought i'd take a look at it.

was shocked initially to see that ebay are looking at trialling a "guaranteed arrival" program - where sellers state the timeframe that items will be delivered in to the buyer.

if these conditions are not met, the buyer is entitled to return the item for free with a full refund or the seller has to give them some financial compensation.

i soon realised i shouldn't have been surprised that ebay is again making the marketplace one that suits buyers and not sellers.

i thought "well, there won't be any harm in not participating in the program" - but it also says that sellers who do participate will get enhanced visual treatment in search, item detail and all other buying pages - meaning those who don't participate will be penalised. 

i've attached screenshots of the two pages of text in the survey regarding this program if anyone wants to have a look. have no doubt it'll be implemented soon.

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

page 2 attached 

Message 2 of 58
Latest reply

Wow, with Australia Post I would not dare to guarantee delivery within a certain time period - even to an adjoining suburb!
Message 3 of 58
Latest reply

OMG..........I am a buyer only but feel so sorry for sellers these days. 

Why do buyers need any sort of guarantee of delivery time.....sellers have no control of the delivery once a parcel is in the hands of the carrier, be it Australia Post or a courier company.

It is bad enough now that ebay sticks their finger in and gives estimated delivery dates which buyers take as gospel that they will have their parcels in that time.

The only good thing that I can see about this scheme is that sellers will have some say in the arrival times although I am sure that ebay will find some way of restricting the seller's free choice.

Message 4 of 58
Latest reply

my thoughts exactly! AP are unreliable at best when it comes to delivery times - so there is no way i'd be guaranteeing anything when my fate is in their hands. time will tell i guess.

Message 5 of 58
Latest reply

They should just rename it sellers give away program,(how a buyer can get their items for free),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 6 of 58
Latest reply

They can count me out regardless as items for overseas with tracking have been taking up to 12 days to get from Brisbane to Sydney before being put on a Plane for Overseas delivery. Australia Post sprokes 10 days delivery on most O/S countries. Half the time it has not even left the country in that time and Charged over $28 for the privilage. Within Australia is Just as Bad. Ebay is trying to Kill off small Sellers for sure with this looney idea.

Message 7 of 58
Latest reply

Yes no worries Ebay going to Gaurauntee, a outside services ability to deliver on time, For sure, only way to do that is hand deliver our items ourselves. LOL

Message 8 of 58
Latest reply

I had someone buy a game from me on Thursday night, eBay's estimated time for delivery is the 20th! Do they even bother checking for weekends and public holidays or do they expect Australia Post of all corrupt BS companies out there to actually be open seven days a week?
Message 9 of 58
Latest reply

Ebay are dreaming again. Even the carrier (Australia Post) won't guarantee a delivery time (except express post within two major cities).

Is anyone at eBay living in the real world?

Personally I couldn't give a rats. Ebay can't bury my listing any further down the list than they aleady are. I barely have any sales to lose anyway.

Message 10 of 58
Latest reply