the customer clicked buy it now and next day wants to canel. is this right?

Hi, can you help please? I've listed an iphone for sale. This guy has mucked me around by wanting to cancel his purchase within 24 hours. That means I have lost another potential purchaser because the listing is removed. His reasoning is that he can't do paypal (?) only direct deposit and he's found a 'better deal'. Isnt someone obligated to proceed with a purchase once they've clicked Buy Now? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

i am always suspicious of iPhone , iPad, Techythings buyers who want your bank details.

it is quite often a scammer they dont want the item they are ''farming'' information (your name, bank, address, phone, email etc..) to on sell to other scammers, so be v.careful how you deal with this person, do not go to private emails, all contact thru ebay only

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

+ when you contact the buyer to cancel the transaction, make sure you put "Buyer " changed mind. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Probably there is a good reason, but why not advice to go to non paying buyer dispute?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Just send the cancel transaction request, with the appropriate reason and forget about the whole thing. Obviously if they don't then accept go to NPB case. Dealing with turkeys is just part of eBay. Don't forget to put them on your blocked list
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@wilk1149 wrote:
Just send the cancel transaction request, with the appropriate reason and forget about the whole thing. Obviously if they don't then accept go to NPB case.

If a buyer does not accept a cancel transaction request then it is automatically accepted and closed by eBay in 7 days and your FVF are credited.

If a buyer declines a cancel transaction request then a seller is unable to then open an unpaid dispute, and FVFs are not credited.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Exactly. I don't do cancellations any more for that very reason and any buyer who changes their mind now goes straight to a UPI after 4 days, and also onto my BBL. Besides, these time-wasting idiots need to be taught a lesson.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

The only time I will do a cancellation is if the buywer has bought the wrong size/colour/etc then I will send a cancellation after they have purchased and paid for the correct one. Any other time it is an unpaid item dispute so they get exactly what they deserve and if they do it again they are blocked from dealing with all other sensible sellers with their blocks in place.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply