the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

I haven't looked at this thread since the beginning, only just skimmed the last 2 pages now.  But I was requested (demanded) to register my business earlier last year for a July 2020 start, and told registration verified and successful, you will be notified 2 weeks prior, etc, etc.  Nothing since!  Not a peep.  Even asked if I had done something wrong on another query chat in September, and told no, everything fine, you will be notified when they are ready.  Fine, happy with the old system, and sales continuing as normal.  Last month my private account, that I haven't sold anything on for years (only purchases) was 'requested' to register, so I thought, what the heck just do it, nothing will happen anyway.  It was WAY easier to register than the business account, and guess what, already received the 2 week's notice that it will be activated.  Go figure?  

Also, just to comment on 2 posts in last 2 pages:

drifter2047 be careful, eBay report all accounts (private and business) to the ATO that gross over a certain amount (think it is $10,000 pa) - about 5 years ago, a friend was reported for clearing out his shed, and ATO forced him to pay full tax for not reporting, and didn't allow any deductions.

south.coffee You still get real email addresses from PayPal? Does anyone else?  Maybe they only stopped the business accounts and not private?  They stopped putting them on mine on 1/9/2018, and eBay stopped on 10/10/20 - have been using the encrypted link to send my normal confirmations since then, so have no idea if they are getting through or if I am wasting my time - does anyone know?

Message 501 of 699
Latest reply

They changed the email address to stop showing to sellers probably to stop people contacting outside of ebay. As shown here: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/2020-spring-seller-update/-email-address-visibility

If you aren't on MP theres a way to see they using the paypal API
Message 502 of 699
Latest reply

That would be a problem with Parcel lockers, where AP require an email address.

Message 503 of 699
Latest reply

Yeah i know.. I'm not on MP, so can't say... all I know is that sellers that I have bought from that are on MP the AP email just gets forwarded but sender is eBay Sellername
Message 504 of 699
Latest reply

I just put the anonymous ebay email address they provide on the sales order page for parcel locker labels. Haven't had any problems with that.

Message 505 of 699
Latest reply

What happens if you don't register, pay the old fees? No paypal?

Ive just starting selling after a hiatus of five years.  Got no idea what's going on.

Message 507 of 699
Latest reply

Well I tried to register but they want a password for -is it my internet banking? The bank said it was a bit weird even though I said ebay says they don't store it, maybe could get hacked.  How does everyone else feel about that?

Message 508 of 699
Latest reply

I did not have to give my banking password - just had to prove id

Message 509 of 699
Latest reply

That is weird asking for a password. I sent a photo of a void cheque. The way they worded it was like you must sign up by March or you can't sell anymore, I'm just as confused as you Smiley Frustrated

Message 510 of 699
Latest reply