the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

We got that one back in August when everyone was having pay out issues, and decided to pass as the $50 compensation was not worth the grief.

Is there another one floating around at the moment ?
Message 481 of 699
Latest reply

You will almost assuredly be advised.

Message 482 of 699
Latest reply

There is but to get it you need to register by 22/2/21 instead of 1/3/21 and be given the red carpet treatment.

Mind you I still haven't been accepted into the den so I still may not get the $50 off invoice bonus.

Message 483 of 699
Latest reply

My registration has been accepted and I'm due to go on MP on 1/3.

Time will tell. There should be a confirmation on 15/2, and another one on 26/2.

I will believe the $50 credit when I see it.

I'm just hoping we still get 250k monthly listings. That would allow me to drop my store back to Basic and relist all the stuff my non-store accounts can't anymore. I had about 900 in my secondary account, now 29, so a few in limbo.

Message 484 of 699
Latest reply

Hi Dave,

Are all your accounts required for registration? Furthermore are you taking the bullet on one too see what happens if you dont?
Message 485 of 699
Latest reply

Only my store acount at the moment.

This and my other one are under the radar for the time being.

Message 486 of 699
Latest reply

hmm yeah cheers.

I might bite the bullet idk yet, based on the US forums people are having trouble.

Same as mine like others have high sales and store subs too but haven't been asked to move over. One of my friends accounts has been registered however still hasn't been moved over to this date. and its been like 8 months?
Message 487 of 699
Latest reply

The other thing is Managed payments is supposedly rolling out in china too, I don't know how it will run in china but I don't think it will be good based on the CCP's control. I know a lot of the china sellers do have fake identities though so that might get rid of a lot of sellers?

Also I did make this post on another thread but there are at least 75% of my purchases aren't through sellers who are using managed payments & they are very large sellers too. Not old mate selling a few items around the house. So I'm genuinely curious to see what happens after march 1st..
Message 488 of 699
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:
So I'm genuinely curious to see what happens after march 1st..

Not all businesses can actually register (there are some business structures that are not currently supported by the managed payments system, which prevents registration - eBay have advised they'll be kept on the old system indefinitely). Some may not be required to - i.e. those who actually have negotiating power with ebay tend to be able to set independent contract terms. 

This is why eBay keep saying "most" sellers will be switched - it will happen for most, unless your business has a legal structure eBay can't support, or you're (representing) the kind of business that eBay actually would care about if you even hinted at no longer using the platform, and really don't fancy ebay managing payments. 

Message 489 of 699
Latest reply

That's interesting. I run two accounts both non stores. eBay is chasing the primary high value account for MP while the secondary low value account has not heard a peep about converting over.

At present we use the PayPal notification email which contains the buyers real email address to automate communication. We lose this ability with eBay anomalised email addresses.
Message 490 of 699
Latest reply