the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Oh for heavens sake.....stop trying to turn everything ebay does into a problem.

The deposit and refund amount is meant to check that your account is OK and will work properly for your payments.

Message 691 of 699
Latest reply

@tickford-13

Charming response to Lyn, almost like the one to the neutral left for you.

Don't you realise that if that micro payment doesn't go both ways then eBay cannot be sure your bank account will work with them.

And to be whinging about 4 cents...............pffffffft

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 692 of 699
Latest reply

Well FY2 I’m sure eBay is BREAKING THE LAW HERE AS THEY DO NOT HAVE AUTHORITY TO TAKE FUNDS FROM OUR ACCOUNT 

Message 693 of 699
Latest reply

true.gif

Message 694 of 699
Latest reply

The reason that your buyer paid a fee to receive a refund was that you sent money to the person instead of using the Refund option which does not action a fee.

If it is a very small refund it is quite possible that the buyer will actually lose money.....if it were me I would be very angry if a seller did that to me.

Message 695 of 699
Latest reply

Lyn, I'm pretty certain it's the micro deposit to verify the bank account, the same as Paypal used to do (and probably still does) to verify an account.

Unfortunately TF can't grasp that.....................

Message 696 of 699
Latest reply

@tickford-t3 wrote:

UPDATE: all sorted we have been verified, but get this hahahaha Ebay is going have their 0.04c Micro Deposit they did to us to Verify Bank Account - is going to be REFUNDED BACK TO THEM (Reversal being done from said Bank Account) - HAHAHAHA Ebay must be really really desperate they can't even give us 0.04c (20 YEARS WITH THEM)  what a buch of tight ..... 

LOL,  maybe they have worked out that after 20 years with them, they don't want you anymore.

Message 697 of 699
Latest reply

@tickford-t3 wrote:

UPDATE: all sorted we have been verified, but get this hahahaha Ebay is going have their 0.04c Micro Deposit they did to us to Verify Bank Account - is going to be REFUNDED BACK TO THEM (Reversal being done from said Bank Account) - HAHAHAHA Ebay must be really really desperate they can't even give us 0.04c (20 YEARS WITH THEM)  what a buch of tight ..... 

That's how micro deposit verification works. The point is to verify that all the details you have input are correct and payments can travel both ways

It has nothing to do with eBay per se

Message 698 of 699
Latest reply

@tickford-t3 wrote:

I’m sure eBay is BREAKING THE LAW HERE AS THEY DO NOT HAVE AUTHORITY TO TAKE FUNDS FROM OUR ACCOUNT 

Another user who hasnt bothered to read the T&C's they agreed to before signing up to managed payments, then come and have a complain on the forum.

PS. No need to yell,  our computer monitors have good eye sight

Message 699 of 699
Latest reply