Overcharged ebay deduction

mob_0430
Community Member

Hi guys. Does it happen to everyone.? I got sold my stuff for 120$. And ebay deduct me 16$. Which is really too much. Last time i sold an item for 200$ and Paypal just deducted me 6$.. what your opinion to this.? Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It's all set out in the link below which you would have read and agreed to before you started selling.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees-without-ebay-store-when-ebay...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You obviously  do not understand the managed payments system that you signed up to.  Maybe you should  have done a little bit of research, or at least read the  T&C's

Under the old system,  PP took there cut at time of sale  and ebay then charged there 10.9%  fee as a monthly account.  Now you just pay the one fee   13.4%  + 30c   to ebay at the time of sale,

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@mob_0430 wrote:

Hi guys. Does it happen to everyone.? I got sold my stuff for 120$. And ebay deduct me 16$. Which is really too much. Last time i sold an item for 200$ and Paypal just deducted me 6$.. what your opinion to this.? Thanks 

Sounds perfectly ok.

Why do you think it's not ok,  its about the same as before when PP and Ebay took a commission.   Now you just pay the one commission, but roughly the same percentage of the sale.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Same fees apply to everyone, unless you have some kind of special discount offer 

And it shows the fees up front before selling 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

It's correct, we all pay them too. 13.4% + .30c in most cases.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The item you sold for $200 would have had an Ebay fee as well as a PP fee. Depending on when you moved onto the new system, you would previously had an Ebay invoice, and Paypal would also have taken their cut automatically at the time, leaving you with the balance in your PP account. You would still have had to settle the Ebay fees when the bill became due at the end of the month.

The fee structure has been around 13% for a very long time now and the only difference is that all the fees are now taken upfront and the balance sent to your bank account, so there are no more invoices.

Fees have been approx 13% for as long as I can remember now.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply