the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

Gumtree is not what I thort it would be, hopefully the MP system will sort its self out down the track coz at the moment reading all the horror stories there is no way I’m signing up yet

Message 671 of 699
Latest reply

Had the dreaded inevitable message at 10 this morning, only time will tell if I bother going through with it as I really don't see the point in waiting a week for something stupid like $1.50 (minus fees) to trickle through. Or even $10 for that matter.

Message 672 of 699
Latest reply

denle_71
Community Member

Mismanaged payments. Such a hopeless frustrating MESS.  I sold something, eBay withheld the money ' 'because I don't sell regularly'.  After 20 years and hundreds of trades.  I was expected to stump up for the postage while they held the buyers postage payment!! So i cancelled the transaction and then sold the item on Gumtree with no fees whatsoever.  eNay then charged a seller's fee to my nil balance cheque account provided for settlement payments TO ME, the bank rejected the debit and charged me a dishonoured fee!!  I'll NEVER sell on eBay again and may well just cancel my account altogether. 

Message 673 of 699
Latest reply

You can pay for the postage/shippiing from pending funds

Message 674 of 699
Latest reply

The hold on funds for infrequent sellers has been in place for years. Nothing to do with MP.

Message 675 of 699
Latest reply

Try this, i found a way to speak to ebay by phone - you then can discuss MP Problems and any other problems as well

so in your ebay account click on HELP (its at the very top) a page will open, then type in MANAGED PAYMENTS another page will open with a list of options then Click on the first option that reads " Introducing managed payments on ebay "  and another page will open up , once this page opens scroll all the way to the very bottom of the page - At the very bottom on the right  CLICK ON  " HAVE US CALL YOU " and ebay will ring you and you will speak to a Human Being and not a Chat Room Puppet

i've used this way to discuss other problems as well

Message 676 of 699
Latest reply

Well, that was my last poker hand on eBay after 18 years, I'm now on managed payments with unlimited free listings and 0 listings to make use of, and eBay can go suck a grandfather clock. Great for billion dollar businesses like Hardly Normal or Up Up at Coles (look for the big red hands stuck to the aisles, and point them towards the ceiling for me), ducked if you're making less than four figures a month.

Message 677 of 699
Latest reply

You are dead set on not giving MP a go?

If you have decided to not link a bank account (sorry you may have already discussed this, I didn't read back) you need to remove your final listing as if it sells you can't get the money due to you.

If you have linked, totally ignore me and all the very best for your future sales if you are going to another platform. 😊

Message 678 of 699
Latest reply

Warning: Incoming wall of text, tl;dr rule may apply.

Not wasting my time with them, unless of course the impossible occurs and eBay/Adyen suddenly allows transferring to PayPal as an option to linking a bank (and if that ever does happen, chances are it will be years after my account has been suspended/NARU'd). Besides, I can't be bothered wasting hundreds on a mobile phone I'd use exactly once in order to set up online banking, it would take me until next year to get the money back (shock horror, I do not have a mobile in the 2020s yet I'm not a boomer or even Gen X).

The last listings were within hours of finishing, I had already removed the auto-relists on them as I knew they wouldn't sell, I couldn't even give them away on here, the minimum of $9 for parcel post is enough to turn anyone off. Another stupid thing with eBay and/or Seller Hub is that you can't end auctions with the bulk "end item" option, it only works for GTC, so I had a few dozen auctions that I had to cancel one by one, with every single item cancelled causing eBay to automatically reload the page each time.

I'd already lost a small amount of money to the MP hold so I quickly pulled the rest and just let those two go - hopefully eBay takes their fees out of it as it was something like $28 anyway (for once I had actually made a killing on footy cards in April and May, despite the exact same listings being there all year round and only making a single sale every 2-3 days - in some cases I was even selling them for the price of postage and losing in fees just to keep the account going). Ironically, I was also "upgraded" to a Top Rated Seller two days ago after being on Above Standard for months on end due to lack of sales.

I'll probably stick around just to buy things, I also amassed a few dozen lousy vouchers from the sales - (yet another hopeless thing by eBay, you can't use multiple vouchers when buying something so I'm stuck with dozens of useless 22c discounts which will expire next month. Say if I wanted to buy a $20 game, I can put exactly one 22c YUEARNxxxxxxxxxx voucher on it and "pay only $19.78" instead, big deal!!! Why can't I put something like 40 of them on the same item and have $8.80 off instead?

Yes, yet another pseudo-scam by eBay, they give you a "deal" where you get 10% off your next sale, but instead of just taking 10% of your sale out of the fees, you're given a useless voucher with a 30-day expiry date, which is even more useless on a seller account if you rarely ever use it to buy anything. Even if you buy multiple items from the same buyer using the cart/checkout which combines them into one sale, you can't add more than one voucher for the entire lot unless you buy and pay separately for each and every item, and forget it if the seller has postage costs and can't combine them as you'll be paying through the nose for postage (without the seller having to resort to refunding the idiot who just paid separate postage on several items, which may or may not include the additional fees refunded back to the seller) because they've been paid for individually.

Not only that, the 10% off promotion doesn't include postage fees, so for example a $10 item with $9 postage just gives you $1 off rather than $1.90, meanwhile an identical item at $19 with "free" postage gets the full $1.90 off. Double standards by eBay yet again, they charge you fees on postage to make it fair for everyone, yet the promotion doesn't even apply to the postage fees!

Message 679 of 699
Latest reply

I think the hoops eBay have you all jumping through along with total lack of any contact with/to concise and knowledgable customer service is making many just shake their head and wonder why bother.

Good luck to you heihachi, if you decide to sell elsewhere 😊

Message 680 of 699
Latest reply