there are no views on my items

Have items listed for 3 days with only 1 or 2 views, paid to upgrade one and even that only had one extra view.

Apart from paying extra what can one do to encourage more views on listings. 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

It is funny you say this as I normally sell something every day and over the holidays, I sold quite a bit but I have noticed, over the last 5 days, I have sold nothing. I am not sure if it is just different trends, people come and go through different periods or if it's eBay. I just take this as time to list more items and fix some of my other listings.

I normally send offers quite regularly and I do monthly discounts on a tone of my listings. Trying to stay active is a huge key that eBay like to see. 

Lets hope sales pick up again soon. 

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Actually, I'd probably suggest, if you are using bidding, to start your bidding price a bit lower. 

Otherwise, change to buy it now with make an offer and bump the price up to what is an attractive price. 

Just a thought.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Otherwise, change to buy it now with make an offer and bump the price up to what is an attractive price. 

Never in all the years I have been selling - has anyone ' bumped ' the price UP - using ' best offer '.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

What I mean is, this person has there items at a certain price which might be to low for a buy it now price. The items they are selling might be worth $80 but they have it set at $30 because they are hoping to get bids which would bring it close enough to the $80 price.

So, this person could keep listing items using the Auction System but I think starting an auction at $30 is a bit high. A cheaper starting bid normally attracts more buyers.

If they were to go buy it now, they could list the item at say $70 with best offer turned on. Someone might then offer $60 and this person may accept that depends on how much this person wants to receive from selling their items. 

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

The ' rule ' is usually - never begin an auction with an amount you are not willing to sell.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@nothingbutthebest_2008 wrote:

Have items listed for 3 days with only 1 or 2 views, paid to upgrade one and even that only had one extra view.

Apart from paying extra what can one do to encourage more views on listings. 

Have a little patience. ??

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Not a great time of year to be selling flannel/flannelette.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

maybe you can add some hot words on the item title?

And you should update the related listing according to different product sales season

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

snilo67
Community Member

This a very nice post to read from the interesting article I really like the interesting content in the post and really helpful for me.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply