tracking conditions?

Hi,

I havnt sold anything in ages on Ebay but have a few things to list.

For paypal trackincover my **bleep** reasons is the prepaid australia post satchels that now have the tracking numbers on them enough to cover me as a seller for items? or do I need to do sign on delivery.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

tracking conditions?

there was a long debate on the boards just recently about this:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/eBay-Satchel-lodging-over-counter-lt-gt-Seller-Protection/m-...

and I don't think anyone came to a firm conclusion!

Personally, I use the ebay satchels - get a receipt at the counter of the PO - I don't pay extra for signature

the ebay satchels and postage labels are cheaper than the prepaid satchels over the counter and cheaper than click and send.

Ps:   If I were you I would amend the ski boots listing, you are not allowed to say FREE POSTAGE and then put postage in the listing.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

tracking conditions?

PPS:   and you really need to give more details in your listings if you want to sell

Use more of the title space - include size, brand, condition etc you have plenty of room

With clothes, always give measurements.

Just trying to help Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

tracking conditions?

To add to the reply that you can't put free postage, then ask for postage in the ad (a buyer will demand free postage and there's nothing you can do about it. If you then charge postage, you can be guaranteed to get a negative), you also need to ask yourself, are you willing to let these go for 99c? There is a reasonable chance that you will only get one bidder who will win them for 99c. I lost out big time when I used to list the start price at 99c because everything was selling with only one bid. I would suggest that you have your start price at the minimum amount you are prepared to accept for them.

I would also add measurements. Saying they are size 6 really means nothing these days because every brand seems to have slightly different measurements. Measure inside and outside leg and also the waist, in cm. For the boots, I would measure the sole length and add that. I have seen too many people get negative feedback because the garment didn't fit due to differences in sizing. Try and put basic measurements in the title if there is room because people often don't read the description. They look at the title and the photos. 

There have been a few incidences of late where clothes sellers have been accused of sending dirty or ripped clothing. I would suggest taking a LOT more photos of every square inch of each item, even the soles of the boots and the insides as best you can. You don't need to have all those photos on the listing, but have them available should someone come back at you and say there was something wrong. There are too many eBay shoplifters who open cases saying there is something wrong so they can get a refund. Also, if you do get bidders, check their feedback left for others and see if they leave negatives for other sellers and also check whether they regularly get refunds for either item not arrived, or item not as described. If they have, cancel their bid....otherwise you could easily be their next victim.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

tracking conditions?

I know about this. I sold 6 games, memory card and eye toy for ps2 for 99 cents!๐Ÿ˜ช I charged $20 for postage, it was $18 something to send plus ebay charged $2 (and they've got NOTHING AT ALL to do with the postage ( I got it at post office) and money from the parcel envelope I brought and I lost money just on postage and envelope. And there's PayPal and fvf fees, I ended up paying them to take them.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

tracking conditions?

$18 for postage?

I suggest you research postage options as that is 5kg satchel level, which I doubt the items required.

Or maybe you are one of the reasons the rest of us get to pay FVF on postage now.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

tracking conditions?

It was $18.35 exactly for 1-2 kg range for parcel post.๐Ÿ˜€
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

tracking conditions?

but why use parcel post when 3 kg satchels are only  about $12 with ebay?

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

tracking conditions?

Do they send it through your teleportation pad connected to the computer. Ebay could rip us of on teleportation fees then๐Ÿ˜›
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

tracking conditions?

i would use the 3kg satchels. That way no teleporting required and less chance of being hit with a neg.

That, of course, is just my opinion.

But I haven't had a neg yet, so there might be something to it.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply