unable to leave feedback for non payment

Sold fragrance to buyer  <removed> non payment, no commincation entered a dispute.  But I am unable to leave feed for this buyer - to warn other ebay sellers about this buyer...    My sold page - indicates that i need to leave feedback - when click on it it does not bring the item / seller up and i am unable to leave  feedback   ...  Any suggestion - its very very unfair !!! and people should be warmed of this seller, as they have only purchased 1 item previously.

Buyers be warned   

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You're in the same poisiton as everyone else...it sucks, but apparently it's 'fair'.

I'm not actually sure what the function is of leaving feedback if you can only say good things.

Kinda like being allowed to vote, then handed a ballot with one name on it to choose from.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

you are not allowed to name and shame other users on these boards. and sellers haven't been able to leave anything other than postive feedback for years.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

All you can do is open an unpaid item case then close it after 4 days then you will get your fees back and then move on.Non paying buyers is not a new thing and you are not allowed to name them no matter what they do.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Neither party can leave feedback in the event of a completed NPB dispute. As no transaction occurred.

I, for one, would prefer you to do as you have done. The non-buyer gets a strike, and I have my blocks set.

Fragrance, you say. Do you have a DGL? Might have something to do with the NPB.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

In relation to your response

So you are telling me that it is ok for a non payment from a buyer to waste my time.  Pleaseee  I think i need to rethink using ebay in future,  If this is how it works ! 

Thanks for the support of sellers out here 

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

You're in the same poisiton as everyone else...it sucks, but apparently it's 'fair'.

I'm not actually sure what the function is of leaving feedback if you can only say good things.

Kinda like being allowed to vote, then handed a ballot with one name on it to choose from.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

I would still ask do you have a DGL? If not, you are not allowed to post perfume. If this IS the case, you may have a lot more to worry about than a NPB, which is an unavoidable consequence of trading online.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@aussiedirtyboy wrote:

So you are telling me that it is ok for a non payment from a buyer to waste my time.  Pleaseee  I think i need to rethink using ebay in future,  If this is how it works ! 

Thanks for the support of sellers out here 

I can't see that anyone has posted words to that effect. To be honest, I would argue that advising what is practical in these circumstances is about as much support as you can get from another eBay member.

Look, we could all sit here and rage at/about eBay's choices when it comes to their feedback system (which has been this way for years), but that actually won't help you deal with the situation in a pro-active way. 

We (as sellers) have a system, it is not perfect and doesn't suit everybody, but I think you will find that whether or not anyone else agrees with you about the relative fairness of that system, all the agreeing with you in the world won't mean eBay will do anything different, it won't get a UPI case open/closed, and it won't protect you from members with numerous UPI strikes. 

Some of us simply choose to advocate the system we do have over lamenting one we don't, as at least the one we have stands a better chance of working if all members are aware of and use it. And yes...I think there's room for improvement in the current system, but my saying so still doesn't get you (or me) anywhere.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

I really get sick of people getting angry at experiences sellers and buyers simply because they don't like what they have been advised. No-one on this thread is an Ebay employee but some people are experienced AND have read and understand the policies and work with them. They should be listened to and their advice followed.

These experienced Ebayers treat their buying and selling as a business and come here to help from the goodness of their hearts, not because they love the abuse.

Many people don't realise that their opinions don't matter, are not important, have no standing and aren't useful. If you follow the rules and leave your anger and ego behind everything usually works out with little hassle.

Latest reply

@1sweetap6v8 wrote:
Are you and few others on here working for eBay, I swear you,s have an eBay manual you copy directly from, No sane human would back such a **bleep** company and system the way you lot do. As for seller feedback there is no way a seller should be able to leave neg,s they were removed for a very good reason but what should happen is an automatic neg for buyers who do not honour there agreement, and for those with special reasons for non payment should then have to apply to ebay for its removal just like sellers do when they don't like or get unfair FB.

Uhhh....what?

I don't get it - you're having a go at me because I said ebay's feedback system isn't perfect but it's better to work with it than rage against it (and by virtue those that advocate it), so to you it somehow logically stands to reason that I must be working for and supporting an [unknown bleeped word, presumably bad] company.. ??

Yet in the next sentence you provide full support for eBay's decision to stop seller's from leaving negs.

Colour me confused.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply