unpaid, closed but buyer message ask to remove

Dear all, i have search the forum but can't find any guidance on anything similar/same to my situation.

I have a buyer, who did not paid. I have send an invoice reminder, no response so after 5-6 days i then opened "unpaid item case". Waited another 9 days before i closed the case to get my "Final Value Fee" credit. The cased is CLOSED and have received my credit. This happened early August.

Yesterday, i have received a message from that unpaid buyer requesting that i removed the unpaid feedback that ebay has strike against them.

I dont mind requesting ebay to remove it, but

1. what would the other seller do? leave it? ignore the message?

2. how can i block him contacting me or provide feedback permanently?

2. if i was to request ebay to remove the unpaid feedback against the buyer, will there be any negative effect on my account? will he be able to provide negative feedback on me?

Thoughts please.

thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Definitely ignore them and definitely put them on your blocked bidders list.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=uk%600d72f%2Bd37c

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

If the buyer made no attempt to contact you during the 2 weeks that you waited for payment then I would not remove the Unpaid strike.

You can add the buyer to your Blocked List:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

If they want the strike removed, they have to contact eBay and plead their case. It's not up to you to do it. I wouldn't tell them that though :). I'd just ignore any further contact. They'll soon get bored and go away.

They also can't leave you feedback once the case is closed. I also don't think they can leave feedback if eBay removes the strike, but not 100% certain on that. I know a few months ago one of my non payers immediately contacted eBay to get the strike removed and the feedback icon on my end wasn't blocked like it normally is. Given the way the whole transaction went, if she could have left me a negative, she would have. I have no doubt about that.

As the others said, definitely add them to your blocked list. If you haven't already, set up buyer requirements so people with more than 2 unpaid strikes on their account in 12 months can't buy from you. By ticking the right box, those people also cannot contact you.

As far as contacting you, he can still contact you via that transaction, but once he's on your BBL, he can't contact you about any other items.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

thanks all, i have added them to the block list.

Will just ignore the email.

hope your store is doing well this week-end.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Did they ask if the item was still available and if they could make payment? I have had that happen a couple of times (I only give the minimum 8 days though) and have asked ebay to remove the strike once the payment has been made and the buyer has received the item.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

No, they just want the strike to be removed.

We suspect it's because they want to buy something but got auto block by the other seller.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

In that case, let them sort it out. I'm not sure how they think you were going to remove it. It serves them right for being a repeat offender if they're getting blocked by other sellers.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply