what is more than likely a dodgey buyer what can I do to protect myself

Just got a message saying 'Hi where my delivery its Friday should be here by now' so checked it item was order on Sat 4th  posted Monday 6th from QLD to Vic.

I have 3 days handling plus 3-6 days posting so it would not even be due until mid next week. I checked the tracking and it was delivered at 12:17 today, he messaged me less then 1 hour later. I sent him auspost url and the tracking number saying it was delivered knowing he would come back with he did not receive it. I then checked the feedback he has left for others and there is a LOT of neg feedback for items not received.

I sent a message with Ausposy phone number and said he will need to contact them and asked him to allow me to inquire on the status and to send me the reference number.

I know I am 95% certain to get a neg and theses a chance I will lose the money on this sale is there anything I can do to lower the risk?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Tell him you didn't receive his payment................................just joking. Smiley Happy

Hardly your doing if he has someone stealing parcels at his house.

I would take the chance and not refund. If he opens a case, you have tracked delivered item.

Sometimes AP will get some info about the delivery if you persist and ask.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Tell him you didn't receive his payment................................just joking. Smiley Happy

Hardly your doing if he has someone stealing parcels at his house.

I would take the chance and not refund. If he opens a case, you have tracked delivered item.

Sometimes AP will get some info about the delivery if you persist and ask.

Better not say I did not recieve the payment, he may believe me and try to buy another one and see I have him on the block list now 😉

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

If the tracking number says delivered then any INR case should be found in your favour not the buyer's.

So sit tight and wait to see if he opens a case against you.

If so, then make sure you upload the tracking number onto the case. Onto the order itself is usually not good enough.

If he does leave a NEG either before or after the case then I would think you should have a pretty good chance of getting it removed especially given the buyer track record.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

If the tracking number says delivered then any INR case should be found in your favour not the buyer's.

So sit tight and wait to see if he opens a case against you.

If so, then make sure you upload the tracking number onto the case. Onto the order itself is usually not good enough.

If he does leave a NEG either before or after the case then I would think you should have a pretty good chance of getting it removed especially given the buyer track record.

Cool thanks I will make sure I upload the tracking number if he opens a INR case

His history is very red I know if I had his bad luck I would not be buying online actually if I had his luck I would think twice about crossing a road

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

what was the item? was it something worth a buyer trying to pull a 'i didnt get it' lark?

i would have thought once its been logged as delivered by australia post its a done deal. the buyer would have to go to AP with his complaint.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

what was the item? was it something worth a buyer trying to pull a 'i didnt get it' lark?

i would have thought once its been logged as delivered by australia post its a done deal. the buyer would have to go to AP with his complaint.

It was $100 worth so worth trying but seems he has it now not sure if it was left in a safe place and he found it or was trying it on seems strange to me that he has left a lot of Negs, for items not recieved, contacts me 1 hour after it was delivered saying 'it should be here by now'. Qld to Vic in 4 working days when I have 3 days handling time is pretty good. I did not expect this one to turn out ok but I better wait and see if it disappears again 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

could be related to ms bartey from the buyers forum, she has deliveries going missing then reapearing too.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

could be related to ms bartey from the buyers forum, she has deliveries going missing then reapearing too.

Maybe a new AusPost service they supply parcel with a magic trick, as long as they do not start sawing them in half all is good.

If nothing else selling here keeps you on your toes

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply