Goal Tracker by eBay - $10, $25 & $50 Bonuses, plus no FVF

Nice incentive to sell some things. Plus pay no FVF for the first item sold after signing up.

https://sellergoals.ebay.com.au/tracker

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately it says we are not elligible to participate in this program.

So I don't know what it's about as I can't even read the blurb.

To me "incentivation" would be to make our items seen above the floods of Chinese sellers so we can actually sell something as opposed to listing thousands of items for free which remain unseen and therefore unsold. We don't even accept these offers any more as they don't work worth a cracker.

How about making the default search filter "AUSTRALIA ONLY". That would ceratinly help. After all we are .com.AU are we not?

There seems little incentive to list on ebay any more so we are focussing our efforts on other non-ebay ventures now.

Once they get moving (very early signs are encouraging) then it's likely we will gradually bow out of ebay as our stock dwindles.

Eventually our revised business plan is to get out of baby headbands and wearable accessories. Too much cheap Chinese junk to compete with now. Even our promises of superior quality and faster delivery times (since we are local) are not working.

Just my take on it...

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I got the email.  Pretty uninteresting and not what we really want.  We want a fair go as Aussies selling to Aussies!  Instead we have the problems which you have outlined, along with throttling, damaging postage commissions and a scam-ridden returns system.  Here's some text from the email:

SIGNUP TO SELLER

GOAL TRACKER

Set yourself a goal and be rewarded
simply for selling stuff you no longer need.
List your first item today for free*.

Get started
*Single item listing. Ends 30 June. See T&Cs.

HOW IT WORKS
Set yourself a goal before you list your first item and we'll send you
a voucher as a reward once you've reached your goal.
The higher your goal, the bigger your reward!

REACH A $200 GOAL
Get a $10
eBay voucher

REACH A $500 GOAL
Get a $25
eBay voucher

REACH A $1000 GOAL
Get a $50
eBay voucher

We'll also send you progress reports to let you know how
close you're getting to your #SellerGoal.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

So in other words, they give you 5 cents to the dollar at most (I suppose you get $10 if you happen to make $499 instead of $500)...

Just give us extra free listing promos every month or two instead, I barely make $100 a month as it is. Guess who's lights went out at the start of June after May paying out like a jackpot at the pokies...
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@thesoulyearns wrote:

Nice incentive to sell some things. Plus pay no FVF for the first item sold after signing up.

Think its a great initiiative.  Nice to get some additional bonuses for selling. 

🙂 🙂 🙂

New Picture.jpg

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@thesoulyearns wrote:

Think its a great initiiative.  Nice to get some additional bonuses for selling. 

🙂 🙂 🙂

New Picture.jpg

I agree was nice paid over 50% of 1000 #0 bubble mailers Smiley Very Happy Only thing made me sad is I onlygot it on 1 account but that is fair IMHO

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The offer came out last month. Far more useful then than now, given the 30 June cutoff date.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply