why do you hold my funds for up to 21 days now?

i have never been so furious at a website in my life.

the seller has bought AND payed for the item, yet i cannot access it because EBAY and PAYPAL are holding my money for no good reason! i have sold three items recently and have had to message the buyers saying that i cannot SHIP their item BECAUSE I HAVE NOT GOT THE MONEY TO DO SO. 

i dont get who the hell started this STUPID policy, but i expect you to change it immediately. it has to be illegal taking people's rightful money and keepinging it for yourself.

ebay epects me to sell another 19 items before they can 'trust' me enough to give me my money. I DONT HAVE 19 THINGS TO SELL!

i expect these payments, summing up to around 130$ to be released immediatley or i will not sell on ebay every again. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

unfortunately  Ebay and Paypal have the upper hand.  I also have funds for 3 items being held back for 21 days.  They've been posted and delivered.   You must post what you sell and it has to be delivered so use a tracking postage  or Paypal won't release your funds.  Not fair  and possibly illegal but we just have to suck it up at the moment .

Message 2 of 90
Latest reply

@thomasandrew69 wrote:

i have never been so furious at a website in my life.

the seller has bought AND payed for the item, yet i cannot access it because EBAY and PAYPAL are holding my money for no good reason! i have sold three items recently and have had to message the buyers saying that i cannot SHIP their item BECAUSE I HAVE NOT GOT THE MONEY TO DO SO. 

i dont get who the hell started this STUPID policy, but i expect you to change it immediately. it has to be illegal taking people's rightful money and keepinging it for yourself.

ebay epects me to sell another 19 items before they can 'trust' me enough to give me my money. I DONT HAVE 19 THINGS TO SELL!

i expect these payments, summing up to around 130$ to be released immediatley or i will not sell on ebay every again. Smiley Mad

Please write to ebay with your concerns.      This is a members forum and we can't help you.

It is part of the new ebay/paypal policy that your money is not available immediately:   See here:

There are a number of reasons funds might be placed on hold:

New to selling

While you gain experience selling on eBay, access to funds from buyer payments may be delayed to help ensure items are sent as promised. Rest assured this is a temporary situation.

Payments from your buyers will only be held for new sellers if:

• It's been less than 90 days since your first successful sale; and
  • You've had 25 or fewer sales transactions; and
  • You've had less than $250 in total sales.

Once you've met all the above criteria, payments from your buyers will generally be available immediately.

Message 3 of 90
Latest reply

You don't have to wait for 21 days if you buy and print your postage through ebay.

Based on your postage method and information you provide us, funds that are temporarily placed on hold should be available:

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date when you manually upload tracking information or mark the item as posted in My eBay.
  • 21 days after your buyer pays if you don't upload tracking and you don't mark your item as sent in My eBay.

Regardless of how you choose to post, please keep in mind that your funds may be further delayed if your buyer reports a problem with the transaction.

Message 4 of 90
Latest reply

Further to what the others said, I would also be lodging a complaint against PayPal with the Financial Ombudman Service. If enough people do that, they will have to remove this ridiculous policy. Each time someone lodges a complaint, PayPal are fined around $1,500, so the more people that lodge complaints, the more fines they get and the more likely they are to back pedal.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Message 5 of 90
Latest reply

And just in case you did not read my post in the other related thread, PayPal are now also holding my funds from private sales (totally non eBay related and other money transfers.

I am waiting for their actual reply in the promised 48 hours (already received a generic reply). If not I will be off the Ombudsman.

I can not wait to see what happens next, what if I transfer money from my own savings into PayPal to cover a purchase, are they going to put that on hold as well? It would not surpirse me.

This is all getting ridiculous.

Message 6 of 90
Latest reply

I seriously cannot believe that PP have done what you put in your first sentence.  Sorry, I believe it has happened, but cannot believe why.  I will be extremely interested in PP's response.

treasuress.4207 has previously posted that eBay said it is a PP thing, PP say it's eBay, and so the buck passing continues.

But if PP are holding money on NON EBAY RELATED TRANSACTIONS, there is something pretty smelly going on - and we all need to know what it is.

Message 7 of 90
Latest reply

My goodness paypal would not want to hold funds on normal website transactions, they would be eaten alive.

hit the tell us what you think link at the bottom of the page and complain to ebay.

Message 8 of 90
Latest reply

Whats going on is that there is plenty of interest $$$$$$ that is being earned by PayPal in holding clients money for 21 days

Message 9 of 90
Latest reply

I would if I thought it would get to the right ear.  

Unfortunately, as we all know a lot of these things are outsourced to other companies, and I firmly believe they just use the 'delete' button, so our annoyances/fury don't go anywhere they should.

Message 10 of 90
Latest reply