why do you hold my funds for up to 21 days now?

i have never been so furious at a website in my life.

the seller has bought AND payed for the item, yet i cannot access it because EBAY and PAYPAL are holding my money for no good reason! i have sold three items recently and have had to message the buyers saying that i cannot SHIP their item BECAUSE I HAVE NOT GOT THE MONEY TO DO SO. 

i dont get who the hell started this STUPID policy, but i expect you to change it immediately. it has to be illegal taking people's rightful money and keepinging it for yourself.

ebay epects me to sell another 19 items before they can 'trust' me enough to give me my money. I DONT HAVE 19 THINGS TO SELL!

i expect these payments, summing up to around 130$ to be released immediatley or i will not sell on ebay every again. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

yea im willing to go ahead and look into this issue im sure they are voilating a policy somewhere
Message 81 of 90
Latest reply

@ssehills26 wrote:
yea im willing to go ahead and look into this issue im sure they are voilating a policy somewhere

Are you suggesting they are violating one of their own policies? Because holding funds for 21 days is their policy.

Or do you think they are violating some other policy, like a consumer or trading law or something?

Either way, please come back and educate us.

Message 82 of 90
Latest reply

My funds are now being held so can anyone explain if this is the new thing that ebay have introduced about releasing the funds when

ebay feel like it and the amount they feel like releasing at stages?

Because I'm not a newbie Woman Wink

I just might be able to scrape up the postage costs,it's like starting all over again Woman Frustrated

Message 83 of 90
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

My funds are now being held so can anyone explain if this is the new thing that ebay have introduced about releasing the funds when

I just might be able to scrape up the postage costs,it's like starting all over again Woman Frustrated

It's PayPal, not eBay that holds the funds. Get in touch with PP and demand they release the funds (politely of course). If they don't, set the FIO onto them. 

Message 84 of 90
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

It's PayPal, not eBay that holds the funds. Get in touch with PP and demand they release the funds (politely of course). If they don't, set the FIO onto them. 

PayPal hold the funds on behalf of ebay,what has happened here in my case is that I haven't bowed down to ebays demands as a power seller to post for free on the same day with 30 day refunds so ebay have gone ahead and placed this little hurdle in front of me again.

Contacted ebay and CS has said they've made a mistake and have released my funds.

And it is actually ebay that block the funds.

Message 85 of 90
Latest reply

Its just happened to me. It's been over 23 days and still no release of funds from Ebay thieves. It's not showing through PP either. Last time I use ebay - I should have never came back to this dying platform
Message 86 of 90
Latest reply

Strange that you don't show any "completed listings" are you sure you actually sold something (or was it on another ID ?)

Your current listing shows "item  location" as Brisbane. Japan. ????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 87 of 90
Latest reply

@tbonesan wrote:
Its just happened to me. It's been over 23 days and still no release of funds from Ebay thieves. It's not showing through PP either. Last time I use ebay - I should have never came back to this dying platform

Dying platform? I don't think so. My sales are booming, and so are many others. If you haven't followed the advice in this thread, then that's your problem. If you wish to leave, do so. EBay certainly won't care. You with your whopping feedback score of 86 isn't going to cause a demise of the site. You aren't even a grain of sand on a beach to eBay.

Message 88 of 90
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Strange that you don't show any "completed listings" are you sure you actually sold something (or was it on another ID ?)

Your current listing shows "item  location" as Brisbane. Japan. ????

No sales for over a year and registered in Japan also

Message 89 of 90
Latest reply

I sold 2 items. It took me 2 weeks to receive my funds for one of the items, however for the second one I am still waiting. The buyer had a courier service pick up the item from my house. Essentially I completed my contract and agreement with the buyer by handing the bike over the a courier which the BUYER organised. It is now out of my hands. Yet they still are asking for a tracking number! So if the COURIER which the BUYER organized does not deliver the item for whatever reason, it is my fault? Legally, I completed my agreement and need my money. I am NEVER using eBay again, this is ridiculous.

Message 90 of 90
Latest reply