Are sales slow?

I don't know whether it's just me but I have sold absolutely zilch for over 2 weeks now.  Have never gone quite that long before.  Is anyone else finding their sales slow?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Are sales slow?

Not sure about online sales as I haven't sold in that medium for a long time.

When ordering books for customers I don't have on my shelves, it's usually cheapest to go straight to the UK with it's free shipping giving me a little room to make some $$$ on top.

As for bricks and mortar book selling, sales are up on previous years as well as trade-in books coming through the door.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

It looks like an Aus seller currently has all their 6000 plus listings going for one day only and have basically flooded the first 34 pages in Books, Magazines > Antiquarian, Collectable

34,360 listings in the whole category.

10,325,423 results found in Books, Magazines

So the chances of being seen isn't the best unless the buyers know how to search for what they want.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

No ebay sales at all for 2 days. And very quiet for the week prior to that. I tried a 25% off used books sale for 48 hours to kick things along... and for the first time ever nil response to a sale.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I deleted all my listings around 6 weeks ago as I was selling nothing. (350 listings) it was all old stock so I gave most of it away and have started again.  I had 4 books listed and have sold 2 so that's better.  Put another few on today.  I have decided to give up on cheap fiction apart from old penguins and am mainly looking at non fiction and Aust history.

C

Photobucket
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

The Australian stuff is one genre you can't import on the river site

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Very good point.  Thanks.

C

Photobucket
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

yes mainly slow..compared to other times of year, and last year...very slow

Photobucket
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Before you give any away, think of bulk book packs. I do that before I give  them away but even then I lower the price considerably, as individually they are worth more. But what else can you do if you want to empty your shelves and you are paying listing fees over and over for books you cant sell any other way?

Photobucket
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

all of a sudden my sales have picked up. Its a new financial year, maybe thats why?

Photobucket
Message 19 of 19
Latest reply