Sites to value rare book.

I have a rare book listed at the moment and have been asked for a "buy it now" price. I have tried a general google search and Abebooks but cant find another copy for sale for reference. There are several copies in museums and libraries so it is out there.  Is there any other sites I can try ?

Sorry I cant give the title as it will identify one of my selling accounts. I have a pretty good idea of condition etc. as I used to collect early Australian books and still have a few gems, but this one is out of my field.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can try bookfinder, it tends to be plan B when Abe does not have it.  Amazon also.

I end up with books that can't be found anywhere and I auction them on another ID in a hope that there is some

interest if there is no research available for them.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the tip, just tried that too but no success. Will just let the auction run and hope for the best.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

addaLL-is a good one -but hard to drive.....................Richo.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Richo, Buyer offered what seemed a very fair price, so I let them have it as a buy it now. They where a genuine, keen collector, so its nice to see it go to a good home.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply