posting books

Just looking for opinions

I am going to list a book collection that will weigh about 6-7 kg all up.

I have posted heavy books in the past but I am trying to keep the postage as low as possible for interstate buyers.

What do you think of sending in two boxes to keep the cost at $30?

Is it a bit risky and do you think I would still be covered by paypal should something go amiss?

cheers Caz

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: posting books

why not use a tracked 3kg & 5kg satchel for under $30?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

What's the value of the collection? If not super-precious, would it fit into an Australia Post B4 box? You can send them Australia-wide with Click and Send for $15.05 plus the cost of the box ($3 if bought in singles, cheaper if you buy 20 or more). And you can get Signature on Delivery for an extra $2.95

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/ebay-flat-rate-satchels-and-boxes.html

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks Judy

The books are quite large hard covers and no they are not super precious so my thought was to perhaps send them in two boxes as I do use click and send.

I would prefer to use a box than a satchel, now that I think about it separating them should be okay as long as I make a note in my listing.

Thanks for advice

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Perhaps, offer local pickup as you might be lucky and get a local buyer.  That'll save you having to pack it all up. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I sometimes split them up re postage costs and just mark them 1 of 2, 2 of 2 etc. 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Click & Send Flat Rate boxes.
Whatever will fit in the AP box up to 15kg - Australia wide.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Australia-Post-Store/Australia-Post-Store-Boxes.html

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I have found the Ebay/Aust Post flat rate Box BX4 fits a lot of books and it is under $20 (including cost of the box) up to 15 kg & tracked via click and send.

โ€œBe careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.โ€
โ€• Mark Twain
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply