Annoying Pink colour next to my eBay name

IMG_7861.jpeg

I am a bloke that sells bloke stuff and having eBay putting a PINK with my initial next to my shop name is just WRONG and visually insulting and offensive. It doesn’t portray me or my shop in a good way. I cannot find a way to change this myself. I have uploaded my own profile picture and this makes no difference to this eBay controlled default icon. It also appears next to my name in messages as well! How can I get rid of it????

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Annoying Pink colour next to my eBay name

I'm on a computer and this is what pic I see on individual listings -

imastawka_0-1707028918188.jpeg

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for letting me know this and this is what I until yesterday is also what I saw on my iphone app and now I see the J inside the coloured circle. I will wait to hear if eBay techs have a solution for me. I am relieved it appears to be an internal issue isolated to account holders device and not the general public. Thanks for your input

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

good luck....there are plenty of problems with the app. In my experience, the more they tweak the app the worse the site gets on computer....almost as if they can't/won't fix both.....this has been going on for years....they both should be easy fixes!!

But hang on....it might be a software program with no-one left to fix:

eBay Layoffs Impact Category Managers, Software Engineers - EcommerceBytes

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Yes I agree with you there are a lot of glitches with the App. Apart from the Coloured Circles I also see a dialogue box that reads "Verified Purchases" above all the feedback comments and I have also lost "Sent Messages" in the drop down box, so I cannot access the messages I have sent from the App??

Also if I take more than say 24 images in a row when listing items the App just shuts down and I loose my work. I have to keep hitting done to save the images. I sometimes take 200 - 300 images in one morning so it can be very frustrating and take longer than it should. I quite often have to stop loading images and let the App and phone cool down before I can continue. 

jeffartcraft_0-1707087658289.png

IMG_7871.PNG

IMG_7870.PNG

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply