Can't Change User ID

tcrazer
Community Member

been trying to change my User ID but i keep going into a loop. every time i click edit, it takes me to the confirm password page then required to enter a captcha but after that it just brings me right back to the home page.  Going back to edit user ID just does the same thing like a loop. Anyone know what the cause is?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't Change User ID

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@tcrazer wrote:

been trying to change my User ID but i keep going into a loop. every time i click edit, it takes me to the confirm password page then required to enter a captcha but after that it just brings me right back to the home page.  Going back to edit user ID just does the same thing like a loop. Anyone know what the cause is?

?? 

I don't understand this bit

Have you tried logging out and then in again?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

yes. i've tried logging out and logging in. the captcha thing is where they require you to enter a random 6 string number as verification. i've never had this problem before

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ah, I get it now.

So they know you're a real person, not a robot  hahahaha

Sorry....I've got nuthin'

Hope someone else may be able to help.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Have you tried cleraing your browser history/cache/cookies and such?

Possible it is stuck in a sign in loop type pattern

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Try changing to a different browser and try again (Firefox and Google Chrome work better than Internet Explorer

when using eBay so could be a browser specific issue).

Microsoft Edge has had similar issues in the past and can freeze if using it for eBay.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply