Can't cancel and order? Please help

Hi

Hoping somebody can help. I've been selling on ebay for 18 years and today I'm having trouble.

I sold an item and was about to post but noticed buyer didn't pay for postage and instead selected "free pick up" but he lives interstate! So no postage paid. This has not happened in all my time on ebay.. weird.. so

I contacted ebay chat but they didn't know what to advise and couldn't tell if I had added postage or not, so I requested via chat for them to  call me. The chat agent couldn't send me a link with a request for ebay to call me back. I eventually worked out that the only way you can find the call back feature is if you "pretend" to want to "open a new ebay account". Forget loyal customers like me who have stuck with ebay for 18 years, they only want to speak to "new customers" and help them.

Anyway to cut a long story short I managed to get ebay to call me back pretending I was a new customer wanting to open an account! The first customer support agent suggested I message buyer explain they didn't pay for post, cancel their transaction suggest they purchase again but to select correct post. So I messaged buyer, told them I would be cancelling transaction and suggested they purchase again and pay correct postage amount if they wish. Well... Ebay didn't allow me to cancel transaction, just comes up with message the automated message on another ebay page saying " Well that didn't go as planned".! go back to home page ... arghh please help ebay not allowing me to cancel a transaction, awful experience for buyer, incidently I have not heard a thing from buyer which is also odd! Please help or suggest what it may be, as to make matters worse, I called ebay again, they gave me a reference number and promised to call me back, and they never did!

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Can't cancel and order? Please help

Ok new development . . 

Heard from buyer he said "Happy to pay for postage. When I purchased the item it said you don't ship to my address but my local post office came up as an option. Please re: invoice me and I'll pay immediately.

Thank you"

Any ideas anyone?

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

@sydneyvintagebikes wrote:

Any ideas anyone?

Just do what I said before email them your Paypal address.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

So the buyer had done nothing wrong, simply selected a shipping option that was listed.  what was the listing number, might be able to figure out why a postage cost was not allocated.

Although  Click & Collect was once a free service, now your postage fee as set by you should be applied.

If you did not have a postage cost listed, then yes it is still a free service to the buyer.

Be careful sending a paypal/email address to the buyer, it is frowned upon by ebay who now deal only in alias email addresses.   Have seen sellers creating listings for buyers, purely for postage costs

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

Well it looks like you have now opted out of   Click & Collect.  (For all your listings)

So, was Click & Collect  causing the problem?

I don't know what the process is for cancelling a click and collect order,   I do know that the buyer can not cancel or request to cancel it and   You can not dispute or claim their is a problem with the address, as it is verified by click & Collect

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

No, I thought it was so I cancelled all my business policies and postal policies, because I thought that was the issue, but I've since found out I've had more customers contact me saying when they try to purchase from me they are getting a message at checkout which says..

"Unfortunately, this seller won't post to your location. Please update your delivery address and try again."

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is urgent now, it appears that I can't sell any items because ebay wont post to anyone!

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

My issue is the buyer can't even purchase the item because it's saying there's an issue with their address!  

Here is a screenshot of what my postage looks like now, it's something to do with updating my business policies, I've opted out but it's still showing this messed up page, ebay so far have no idea and are doing nothing..

Is this normal?Is this normal?

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

If you're using AP, use flat postage? The rates only go up annually and are easy to bulk edit.

Can't help otherwise. I gave up using eBay postage when they took months to update to current rates and I get better prices from MyPost Business.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply