Can't search for "notebook" in iOS app

In the iOS app, on multiple devices, I cannot perform any search that contains the word "notebook" as it will say "no results found". It will work with "note book" but that does not get the results I need. It is a bit bizarre, because as I type "notebook" in the search box it even prompts me with a dropdown list of popular searches for that item (and obviously "notebook" is a popular category, for computers and stationery). I thought it may be because of number of results, but it occurs even if I include terms to narrow down the number of results (eg. "Midori notebook") - the word "notebook" seems to be what it chokes on.

Also, the app immediate tells me that no results are found - it actually returns that result so quickly I'd question whether it is even going out to the server (i.e. it feels almost like the app itself has a "blockage" in it for that word).

This is not a problem if I use the website (including on the iOS device), only in the iOS app.

Is this a known problem I've never seen before? Is it just me?

Cheers,

Marc

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't search for "notebook" in iOS app

I just searched for "notebook" in the android app and got 21,620 results (now I'm going to get flooded with suggestions from eBay via their spam emails!!!).

Have you checked that the category hasn't defaulted to something else, rather than all categories? For example, if it's defaulted to something like women's clothing, then you probably wouldn't see any results.

Apart from that, uninstall and reinstall the app. I've had to do that a few times when it becomes more glitchy than normal.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for doing that (sorry about the resulting suggestion spam).

I made sure it hadn't defaulted the category to anything, and also checked all the other filters, including hitting the reset on them anyway. Unfortunately it didn't help. 

So I uninstalled and resinstalled the app (in between I did a soft-reset - off/on - of the device too, just for extra surety).

Unfortunately I still get the same result, or rather lack of them.

It's an odd one, for sure. Like I say, "note book" (with a space) works fine. I've tried to think of other words that might trigger it (notepad, laptop, logbook... but I'm really just firing guns in the air), but everything else works.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I appreciate your efforts.

Cheers,

Marc

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I only use the full site on a laptop, but there are random times when the distance from me keeps reverting to 2km away after I hit search

Do all your refinements stay as you put them after hitting the search button

(Prolly not it, but thought I would mention it since I don't know why it gives me a random 2km away result from time to time)

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

It's a good idea... I just checked, and prompted by your suggestion I also just started trying to change different filters, implementing them, including distance, then changing them back, just to see if anything changed. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I appreciate you suggesting so though - I have some memories from a few years ago of the website constantly reverting to 50km away for me which covered a lot of bush and farmland where I live, but not a lot of sellers. 🙂

Thanks for your help. An odd problem can always take all suggestions.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You are very welcome Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply