Can't sell to Sydney

I have been selling sportscards for approximately 6 years on ebay with my hands tied. I will send anywhere in Australia but the Sydney Metro area is excluded for some reason.

I did not instigate this and ebay has been unable to fix it. I would - obviously - like  to sell into the Sydney Metro area as it constitutes at least 40% of the overall Australian market. 

My choices are either to continue or as ebay has suggested close my store and start from scratch.

How bad is that?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Can't sell to Sydney

This is from your postage info:

Excludes: 
Afghanistan, Anguilla, Belarus, Bolivia, Botswana, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Djibouti, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Libya, Madagascar, Moldova, Mongolia, Reunion, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sydney Metro, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Venezuela, Yemen
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

I was just going to comment the same thing

OP. are you saying that you did not set up those exclusions yourself?

Does anyone else have access to your account (either with or without your consent)?

Have you tried removing Sydney Metro ?

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

@thecardeffect wrote:

How bad is that?

Not bad at all considering you setup the exclusion,  the seller is in control of where they will send, not Ebay

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Did somebody say  KFC.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Did not institute this from my end. 

I can't remove it because it doesn't show up as an exclusion in my ebay. It only shows when you look at the listing as a buyer and hit the postage link it then lists all the countries that are excluded plus the Sydney metro. It's just BS. 

When I tried to get it fixed 3 years ago ebay supposedly sent the issue up to the highest part of their IT department but nothing....and still nothing.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Correct. And ebay can not solve it. I can't remove it because in my ebay the exclusion is not there. I only sell overseas to US, Canada and Japan. But I have never excluded Sydney. It's a bad joke.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

I did not set it up. I tried to get it removed 3-5 years ago and they could not do it. The exclusion is not shown in My Ebay. Only at the buyer end. Again, this supposedly went to their highest IT department and they told me that starting a new store from scratch was one option.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

When I replied to these comments they are now flagged as "accepted solutions" ? What is going on here?

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

If this does not get resolved this week( it's the 6th or 7th time they have tried in as many years) I am either going to bite the bullet and start again which is absolutely disheartening given how long it takes to get good feedback or perhaps the better option would be to close the store forget about the shambles that is ebay.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply