EBay appears to have a coding error see example below

For years I have regularly searched for "Ziera" in women's shoes. When I click on page 2 it defaults to" Sierra". It actually puts that word in the search at the top of my page. This gives results such as automobile parts as well as another brand of shoes called Sierra. This has been happening for at least a month. People selling "Ziera" shoes will have searching buyers giving up. I know I have!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: EBay appears to have a coding error see example below

imastawka
Honored Contributor

No problem for me - I got to page 4 at 240 per page with no problem.

ziera for sale | eBay

Try clearing cookies and cache - the problem must yours.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

No issue here either

Stays on Ziera every page I've clicked through

Are you sure it's not an issue with the spell checker changing it for you on your device/computer ?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

No issue for me either, and I tried several random pages.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have encountered other users having problems with keyword substitutions when changing between pages of search results. eBay's search has some quirks, and sometimes different "smart" search features can interact in unexpected ways.

If a search that has worked well previously suddenly starts behaving badly, often the problem has something to do with a faulty keyword substitution or an inappropriate automatic category navigation issue.

You can bypass many of these sorts of search issues by putting one of your keywords in quotes. This forces eBay to bypass the "smart" features and to search for the literal keywords without any substitution or category switching. You may have to manually specify your category once again.

Using a desktop browser, find the "Feedback" icon that appears in the lower right corner of the search results page to let eBay page developers know about your search issues.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply