FYI. Is Your eBay Page Really Slow to Load? Please Read!

This seems to be a common query lately, so thought I'd post an FYI as I'm sure this will be the forum that people post this question.

If your eBay page is really slow to load and hangs during loading, it is due to all the ads. Install an ad blocker for your browser. Go into your browser settings and select either extensions or add ons. There will be a link to download extentions. Search for AdBlock Plus or AdBlock Pro. They are free and available for most browsers, including Internet Explorer (which isn't recommended for eBay as a matter of interest). Click on it to install on your browser. It will stop all ads on any page, including ads you see on YouTube (although it is nice to allow them to run on YouTube as the content providers get an income for the ads).

Jobs done. Now watch how quickly eBay loads! Just like magic.

You're welcome.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

This seems to be a common query lately, so thought I'd post an FYI as I'm sure this will be the forum that people post this question.

If your eBay page is really slow to load and hangs during loading, it is due to all the ads. Install an ad blocker for your browser. Go into your browser settings and select either extensions or add ons. There will be a link to download extentions. Search for AdBlock Plus or AdBlock Pro. They are free and available for most browsers, including Internet Explorer (which isn't recommended for eBay as a matter of interest). Click on it to install on your browser. It will stop all ads on any page, including ads you see on YouTube (although it is nice to allow them to run on YouTube as the content providers get an income for the ads).

Jobs done. Now watch how quickly eBay loads! Just like magic.

You're welcome.

Hi tippy.

Thanks for sharing this. This is a known issue and is being worked on.

Glad to hear you've found a work around.

Michelle

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Trouble is, no-one seems to be reading it because members are still starting new threads with this very complaint. I've never had an issue because I've been using ad blockers since they first came out, but one time I turned it off to see what people were complaining about and the ads were astounding! Every spare bit of real estate on the page was an ad. I turned the ad blocker back on quick smart! 

I understand eBay puts ads on because they get revenue, even from competition sites they advertise, but the amount is really ridiculous. One of the ads that appeared when I turned my blocker off was for an item I was looking for. It was cheaper than what I could get it for on eBay, so I went to that site and bought it. A bit silly of eBay to advertise other selling websites! EBay lost a sale that day because they don't discriminate with their ads.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Dunno why I bothered, but............ 

BUMP

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply