Problems creating categories and subcategories in my store

Yesterday I took the plunge and opened an ebay store. I created four categories and in two of these I managed to create subcategories, without any problems. But then, I could no longer create any new categories or subcategories in existing categories.This was the message I got:

You cannot add categories until we've completed your previous request.

What request??? So I got onto Live Chat this morning and after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing was told:

please wait for 7 days for the request to be completed.

This is ridiculous - I cannot add any new categories or subcategoried for SEVEN DAYS???

Anyone care to explain what is going on?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

So obviously no-one else is having the same issues as me, since there are no replies. 

I tried a different live chat person and they at least seemed a little more sympathetic, but still couldn''t help. The best they could do was to suggest handing it on to the technical dept, but couldn't tell me when it would be looked at.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

So tried Live Chat for the third time today and finally the issue seemed to resolve itself - not sure if it was something the LC person did or it just worked itself out. Then a couple of hours later the problem returned. I am almost ready to give up.

On another note - is there any way a SINGLE item can be placed in a store category? Whenever I try to do this, it just opens up the window you get when you go to list a new item. There is nowhere to choose a store category - any way round this?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

When we edit a single listing, we get a page very similar to the new listing page, but with details already filled in for the listing.

The main difference is that the button at the bottom says "update listing".

There is a place to choose store categories below the eBay categories.

Screenshot (4).png

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

When we edit a single listing, we get a page very similar to the new listing page, but with details already filled in for the listing.

The main difference is that the button at the bottom says "update listing".

There is a place to choose store categories below the eBay categories.

Screenshot (4).png

Thanks - finally worked this bit out.

But I still cannot create categories and subcategories even after FIVE 'chats' over 4 days - different operator each time, different end result, but still no joy. So So frustrating. 

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Maybe try posting on the selling forum? As a long term forum member, you would know that you will get more help by posting on the main forum, than these sub forums. A lot only read buying and selling. They don't look at the others.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Just thought it may have been a bit too 'technical' for posting on the usual forums.

But yesterday had some brief success, as I was able to create a couple more categories/subcategories before I started getting the same error message. No idea what 'request' it is referring to.

error.jpg

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I don't think there's anything "too technical" for the main forums, just more members seeing your posts. I would hit the "report inappropriate content" under your username in the thread and ask the mods to move it to selling. I think you'd get way more help. I don't have a store on any of my accounts, so can't help, sorry.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Thought I would have one last try creating cats and subcats before movinmg the thread and guess what ??? I could finally do it !!! Amazing. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Now I can finish moving 100s of listings from this ID to my other ID on which I set up my new store.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply