Twice Ebay has sent email saying payment for item hasn't gone through

I paid for an item yesterday via Pay Pal and received order confirmation.  But I received an email from Ebay saying the payment never went through (I checked my Pay Pal account and it hadn't gone through).  So today I paid for it again and the same thing has happened.  All my Pay Pal transactions on other sites having been going through.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Twice Ebay has sent email saying payment for item hasn't gone through

It is possible that the problem is on the seller's side if all your other payments went through.

Maybe you can contact the seller or eBay (via live chat from the help page).

This has occasionally happened to others before, and usually the problem was on the seller's side.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It is possible that the problem is on the seller's side if all your other payments went through.

Maybe you can contact the seller or eBay (via live chat from the help page).

This has occasionally happened to others before, and usually the problem was on the seller's side.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks so much, I'll message as not familiar with live chat.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I have tried to pay two different ebay sellers today via PayPal and also got the same message, payments not going through try again. So it is not a seller issue it seems. Also,  have used paypal on Etsy today and that payment went through just fine.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes - seller got back to me and said it was a technical issue she is having with Ebay.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply