eBay's Create a New Listing is not working October 2022

Main heading, photos and detailed item descriptions show on final posting, but the important main description is missing and is blank. If you insert text in the main description, it shows on revision, but once the item is listed it remains blank.  Also, I tried saved templates,  added to the description' but this is not working also.

After 1 day of frustration, trying different browsers and PC's nothing works. The new eBay create a new listing is slow to use, complicated and not simple to apply. Please return to old format, which is simple and fast.

Because it is a weekend, I contacted eBay chat, and they have escalated this issue to their technical team.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I listed a couple of items today, using the old and the new. Both have descriptions showing.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

That refers to formatting, not descriptions not saving.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

There is a thread on the US community discussion boards indicating a possible conflict between the new listing tool and some common browser add-ons including Ad Block and Duckduckgo. If you are having problems with item descriptions appearing blank when listing, try temporarily disabling Ad Block and Duckduckgo, or use a different browser that does not have those add-ons installed when listing.

See the US thread here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-Listing-Format-description-does-not-show-up-in-the-listing...

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I hate the new listing 'tool' it is an obstacle. Too many extra fields to fill; cannot edit my auto-fill template without listing an item and the edit is actually kept; for photos, the old 'bright' light bulb function worked best for me  ( I usually sell dull bronze coins),; the new lighting adjustubality functions are a pile of sh*t. Anyone wirh any advice, please let me know.....  (Nov '22)

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply