Can inadequate sellers be blocked or put on a "black list" or similar?

I have had a number of unsatisfactory experiences dealing with sellers with regard to best offers recently and I want to be able to ensure that I don't have to encounter them again. Can inadequate sellers be blocked or put on a "black list" or something similar?

I created a watchlist titled "Black Listed Sellers" and picked an item from each seller and put it on the list with a note to self about why they fail. But this is a rather crude and clunky way to do this. Can inadequate sellers be blocked or put on a "black list" or something similar? 

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Can inadequate sellers be blocked or put on a "black list" or similar?

20% isn't really "low balling", if you think about it, you'll realise it's quite reasonable.

Message 81 of 148
Latest reply

It reflects on their capabilities, but I never said anything about their integrity. In fact I mentioned somewhere in this thread that my bad experiences have not involved rip offs or outright dishonesty.

Message 82 of 148
Latest reply

I'm surprised by how many people don't think 20% off is a good offer. The sellers who get triggered by this probably don't have the right personality type to be in retail, even online.

If I was shopping for higher priced items, such as you described, I might only go for around 10%, but for anything under about AU$300 I really don't think a case can be made that 20% off as an offer is not reasonable.

But my original point of this post was if one can block sellers. Which apparently one can't. 😞

Message 83 of 148
Latest reply

Ebay's interface is very clunky and you're right, it's unlikely to get fixed. But at least addressing the buyer/seller imbalance with regard to blocking would be a step in the right direction.

Message 84 of 148
Latest reply

Offer 20% below asking and expect all sellers to be happy, get real.

I never said I expect all sellers to be happy. Half of sellers are happy to have that offer though. They understand how to run a business, they understand that the direction the money is flowing in is everything and they are the ones most likely to be successful in the long run. Ultimately if sellers can't  stop themselves from offending customers within the "make an offer" context, then they should not being using that particular method.

Message 85 of 148
Latest reply

I rarely sell on Ebay, but when I have, I have used make an offer.

Message 86 of 148
Latest reply

@**_all_the_gods_** wrote

But my original point of this post was if one can block sellers. Which apparently one can't. 😞

Good Grief!    (The attention span of a goldfish.)     Yes you can!

I gave you instructions and even a screenshot of how to block sellers at post #14

Message 87 of 148
Latest reply

No need to be rude. 🙄 And I do appreciate your effort. But that is not really a permanent solution as one has to enter the errant sellers every time one searches.

Message 88 of 148
Latest reply

@**_all_the_gods_** wrote:

But that is not really a permanent solution as one has to enter the errant sellers every time one searches.

You've called sellers that don't want to sell to you for 20% under the list price "inadequate,errant etc", for what?

Not selling to you and wanting to get a better price for THEIR items ?  Words fail me............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 89 of 148
Latest reply

Thanks. As was also pointed out by imastawka this seems to be the closest thing to a solution.

However, ultimately what is needed is the ability to put unwanted sellers on a permanent block list so they don't appear at all, ever - however unlikely it is one would buy from a seller more than once, given the huge volume of transactions that take place on Ebay.

Message 90 of 148
Latest reply