I just opened a new account. And listed 20 items Ibeen selling on ebay for 10 years. Been suspended

I opened a new account today and listed 20 items.  Kids mags and games.  Been suspended. Contacted live chat.  Won’t tell me why.  Said several concerns and a risk to the community!  What is going on?  She ended the chat when I said I need to know why!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I just opened a new account. And listed 20 items Ibeen selling on ebay for 10 years. Been suspe

I looked at reasons why they suspend you.  I haven’t done anything wrong.  You can have more than one account.  It’s linked to my other paypal account. All I can see is that I normally sell clothes and if you sell something different they think you,ve been hacked.  Is that why they suspended me?  Said it was final.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: I just opened a new account. And listed 20 items Ibeen selling on ebay for 10 years. Been suspe

You need to show eBay that the new account is linked to the established account.

Then the suspension may be lifted.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@rose2009200!
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I,ve linked the new account to the same paypal account.  Is that what you mean?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

What I suspect Kopes means is that Ebay link accounts in their system if they can tell they are owned by the same seller. If you wish to follow Kopes suggestion, contact CS and ask them to link the accounts. You will need to have at least some common personal information on both accounts such as address, phone number etc.

One thing you need to be aware of with this is if one account is banned, ebay terms and conditions state it is an offence to use another account to get around bans. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I've found the quickest way to link eBay accounts is to go to your All Selling page on your new account, then scroll down to the box that says Monthly Selling Limits. At the bottom on the box on the right is a link to request a higher selling limit. As you go through the motions in that link, there will be the option to link to an existing account. 

There's probably other ways to do it, but that's how mine all got linked.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply