Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches for $1

heldal528
Community Member

I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches for $199 and if i didnt authorise it to phone a no.  I contacted my bank who advised it is a scam and definitely dont ring the no.

cheers

Helen

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches for $1

very very common and there are all kinds of scam (phishing) emails and text messages pretending to be from Ebay

I get several emails every week from 'eBay' (scammers) and just recently there were a few threads from different people saying they were getting texts and phone calls from 'eBay (scammers) claiming they had bought Itunes rubbish and electricals 

Message 2 of 60
Latest reply

Received the same eBay call today 8 Sept 2020. You are being charged money for a transaction if you don't call this number now. I am so angry and sick of these phone calls. They are getting bold these so called scammers. They are likely to scam you depending on what frame of mind your in. You have to literally think everything is a scam nowdays. ps thanks for the advice. 

Message 3 of 60
Latest reply

mamma24
Community Member
Just got an automated call my issue is which company is selling my mobile number for money
Message 4 of 60
Latest reply

mamma24
Community Member
Call said I purchases 399.00 of ebay items.
Message 5 of 60
Latest reply

If you did not make the purchase just ignore and delete.

You will probably find that they have got your number from your service provider or any one of the numerous businesses who have your number.

Some of these people even use the phone book....my home phone is in my name but we listed my OH's name in the phone book....whenever I get a call using his name I know it came from the phone book.

Message 6 of 60
Latest reply

kelhormo24
Community Member
Call from eBay saying did you recently make a purchase for $399if you did not authorise this please press one. I pressed one and I am really worried about the repercussionS because I pressed 1. Has anyone else had this call recently as I got the call last week.
Message 7 of 60
Latest reply

I got a call like this today...I hung up.
Message 8 of 60
Latest reply

@kelhormo24 wrote:

Call from eBay saying did you recently make a purchase for $399if you did not authorise this please press one. I pressed one and I am really worried about the repercussionS because I pressed 1. Has anyone else had this call recently as I got the call last week.

You should run all your anti-virus and Malware programs ASAP and change your on-line passwords.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 60
Latest reply

Same on day after day.
Message 10 of 60
Latest reply