Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches for $1

heldal528
Community Member

I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches for $199 and if i didnt authorise it to phone a no.  I contacted my bank who advised it is a scam and definitely dont ring the no.

cheers

Helen

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches fo

Just got an automated voice telling me I owe hundreds of dollars (no exact amount) to Ebay and that it would be debited from my account (no info on what account).... I deleted and blocked the number.  I seem to be getting more and more SMS scammers on my mobile from the 'ATO to the 'Police' saying I owe money... I am assuming it's because many of us no longer use a land-lines and the scammers need their money...  My advice do not engage with them delete and block the numbers and move on... 🙂 

Message 51 of 60
Latest reply

Re: Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches fo

I just had one now. I was suspicious and then they asked for me to download a screenshare app I was like nope. Hang up and block

Message 52 of 60
Latest reply

I had one just now. It felt Suss and I ended up hanging up

Message 53 of 60
Latest reply

No real harm done, by pressing 1 you have confirmed that your number is active, so you may start getting calls rather than just messages.

HANG up, do not engage at all

Message 54 of 60
Latest reply

I got this call too.

Message 55 of 60
Latest reply

I just received another of these automated calls saying I had purchased an item for $700 which would be posted in 2 days unless I pressed “1” to cancel the order. I hung up.

BUT I only receive these calls when I have logged in using Google.

My solution - stop using eBay and logging in to any site using Google.

Message 56 of 60
Latest reply

I received  a scam call. Autoommated call from  private number.. They  said I had to download a security app from ebay to cancel the payment of $379 made  to  iTunes.

They were very adamant. 

And had the right  answers. Very  scary. I feel sorry for older and  less tech savvy  people. 

Message 57 of 60
Latest reply

If you don't - at any time - recognise a call - HANG UP.

Simply just hang up.

Message 58 of 60
Latest reply

na*74
Community Member

I received a call from a man with an Indian accent, who stated someone had purchase a $199.00 iTunes card under my account. I told him I didn’t believe him and he sounded odd. He said he was ringing through a sever from Market Street Sydney. I told him I could find any evidence of it on my account or in any of my data and that I didn’t believe him in a very strong tone, he then hung up. 

Message 59 of 60
Latest reply

Yes this just happened to me, but I hung up on him!

Message 60 of 60
Latest reply