Motorised bike, buyer be aware!

I've seen recently on ebay, people trying to sell again motorised bikes and engine kits. All made in China, the point is there is no-such-thing as a 100cc motorised bike or kit and the legality. Simply put because these kits require the chain sprocket to be bolted directly onto the rear wheel's spokes and not the hub, being 100cc engine would rip your wheel apart and most likely put the rider in hospital. Besides this fact the piston stroke is too small and so is the overall size of the crankshaft itself, meaning at best these motorised bikes and kits are only 50cc! Also note: each state and Territory in Australia have road rules and in NSW since 2014 anything that produces more than 200 watts of output power from the coil or electric-motor is absolutely illegal to ride on the road and is considered a unregistered motorbike or vehicle. Which includes the consequences for road and traffic safety fines and not having a road motor vehicle license! This can also cause jail time. I understand all this being I road a motorised bike for five years till I was pulled over by police who took me to local court in nsw where I lived, but because it was my first offence all charges were dropped and I were given an warning. I did ask the judge about the legality of the reduced air-flow engine kits at the time, but he only said to contact my local road and traffic organization for advise and when I did they just gave me no real answers other to say "reduced air flow engine kit don't exist", when in fact I still own such a kit brought from Z-box company in Queensland who knew about these new 2014 road laws and failed to tell me and still let me lay by such a kit for over $400 even after I had told them of my court experience of which I still have the emails regarding the conversation with a Z-box representative!

View Entire Topic

Not illegal to own, buy or sell.

Yes, owners need to be aware of operation legalities.

NSW is quite clear, that such bikes can only be used on private property  (5secs on google)